Flash installs but doesn't work
by G_Unzueta - 9/1/10 11:20 AM
In advanced, I originally posted on Browser section, but there's not that much traffic in there so I'm hoping to have better luck here. I couldn't find a way to close the other thread.
Having a problem with flash player displaying web media. It shows as it being installed, but it just won't work, when I use the flash site, it just cycles through their 'thank you' download page. There's no popup blockage, the yellow ie download bar doesn't show, and no prompt for download.
My system is a Windows Vista-32 (admin rights), up-to-date IE. Using Norton Internet Security (disabled during installation process), and Malwarebyte.
So far, this is what I've tried from reading the forums.
1. full system scan using both norton & malware
2. uninstall utility for FP & manual removal of leftover folders
3. clean reinstall of FP (using both web base and manual file download)
4. uninstall old version & installed latest java
5. used microsoft utility 'subinacl' along with 'reset_fp' to fix any registry errors (5 errors found & fixed)
after all these attempts, I'm still not able to see flash content. I don't get any error messages while downloading & installing FP. And when I go to the /about page, it does show that flash is installed.
I'm not sure of what else to try, so any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
On another note, I originally posted on Browser (http://forums.cnet.com/5208-6620_102-0.html?threadID=408008&tag=forums06;forum-threads) section, but there's not that much traffic in there so I'm hoping to have better luck here. I couldn't find a way to close the other thread.