by Iexplore - 10/27/08 8:37 PM

I have a problem.

I haven't used IE for about 3 yrs now and I recently noticed my PC slowing down considerably, this had never been a problem before and so it got me worried. After checking my tskmnger I found that the process "IEXPLORE.EXE" was using 90-100% of my CPU usage.
After many attempts at shutting it down and even reinstalling IE it didn't stop. Something was duplicating and launching this process every time I exited it and like before, quickly took up 90-100% of my CPU usage. and so I've come to the conclusion that it is indeed malware of some sort.

I ran scanners etc and haven't had much success. After looking online I found that I'm not alone with this problem.
The solution I found involved a lengthy process utilizing DOS command line etc and myself being only 18 and with moderate computer use felt a little overwhelmed.

I was wondering if there is an easier way to remove said problem or if someone could give me some tips before performing some command line surgery. I've only got 3 days before I leave to Grenada for 3 months and so I'd like to fix this problem now so that I can come back to a fully functional machine.