'I just finished downloading an application on UTorrent...'
....when the computer crashed..." That's an important clue.. And since the problem occurs in "normal" Windows, it's also indicative of a problem application which doesn't run in Safe Mode.. There are a few options.. (Unless you made a typo, I see no reason to "reseat the CPU".)
1. Try using System Restore from Safe Mode? (Click on Start-All Programs-Accessories-system Tools-System Restore. When SR loads, select "Restore my computer to an earlier time", then at the next "Calendar" page, select a "bold" date before the time of the problem.. Follow the prompts to restart the computer and restore back to a better time.)
2. Since the problem may also be a spyware/trojan/virus issue, while in Safe Mode, do a full system scan with multiple malware removal tools.. If you haven't already, please use the instructions below while in "Safe Mode with Networking".
Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here
(If you can't access the internet and download the file above, then use a friend or family member's computer to download the file, then copy the files to a flash drive or CD and transfer the file to your computer while in Safe Mode and install it. You might also want to download the manual updates to Malwarebytes from http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam/database/mbam-rules.exe which will immediately open a download dialogue window for the updates.)
Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
* Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
* The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.
* The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediately.
And if you get the machine back in working order, think "danger" when using P2P and Torrent stuff.
Hope this helps.
Was this reply helpful? (0) (0)