Patty, Uninstall Instructions From Lavasoft
I am unable to uninstall my Ad-Aware program. I get the message "Can't find Install.log"
If you wish to remove our product, try these alternatives:
1. Click "uninstall Ad-Aware" in the lavasoft folder of your start menu
2. If it does not work, open your control panel, click add/remove programs and locate Ad-Aware SE
3. If it still does not work, locate and run (double-click) the file "unwise.exe" (the .exe might not be shown). It should be found in C:\program files\lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE [Personal/Plus/Professional]\
If that does not work, or if you get a message saying something like "Can't find Install.log," perform a manual uninstall, which is not a very difficult procedure. Do the following:
1. Click on "my computer" and navigate to your Lavasoft Ad-Aware folder (C:\program files\lavasoft\ad-aware \
2. Run the file unregaaw.exe
3. Delete the entire ad-aware folder
4. Delete your Lavasoft Ad-Aware link in your start menu (if present)
5. Delete the Ad-Aware icon(s) from your desktop(if present)
6. Navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\[User Name]\Application Data\Lavasoft and delete the entire Lavasoft folder.
7. Empty your trash bin
Hope this helps.
Was this reply helpful? (0) (1)