The Mac Lounge forum: Welcome MacFixIt forum members!

by: Lee Koo (ADMIN) August 4, 2009 3:42 PM PDT

Like this

0 people like this thread

Staff pick

Welcome MacFixIt forum members!

by Lee Koo (ADMIN) ModeratorCNET staff - 8/4/09 3:42 PM

Hi there MFIF members,

I want to personally welcome you to the CNET forums! I'm very excited to have you folks join us.

I know that this is a big transition for all of you--it's a completely new forum environment and community, and I know that many of you find the news to end the MFIF forums frustrating, disappointing, and even heartbreaking.

As a community manager, as soon as I got notice that this was to take place, I knew that the transition--to merge one community into another-would be no easy task. I've been through it once before, when the CNET forums merged with the ZDNet forums. It's difficult to cope with drastic changes, and some of you may simply not accept this change and will move on. The saddest part will be losing some of the great contributing members who stuck around through thick and thin over the years.

In time, things will heal. For those of you who are willing to accept the changes and move forward, a new community of users will be created, which will comprise of some veterans and some newbies. The balance of both will make our community even stronger. I know it's not going to be like the good old days, but, in time, new memories will be made and new friendships will be formed. But it's all up to you to make it happen. Yeah I know it sounds cheesy...but I believe in it.

The culture in the CNET forums is simple: our members and moderators have a great deal of respect for one another, whether you're new or a veteran member. We welcome folks from all walks of life to gather in one place and to help each other out, because the community is only as good as its members.

As I've read through some of the feedback from you, I know that this platform is very different than what you had previously used. I hope that the platform doesn't dictate how great your community is. At the end of the day what really counts is knowing that we've come together as a community of members, focused our attention to those in need, and helped someone out with his or her troubles, in hopes that some day, they will be able to pay it forward and help someone else.

I really want to sincerely welcome you all, and I think you will eventually find a place here to call your home, too. Our Mac user presence has never been strong, but I'm hoping that going forward this will change with your help and willingness to share your wisdom with the rest of the community. Our goal is to build a great community of Mac enthusiasts right here in these forums!
Thank you all for your time.

Sincerely,
-Lee Koo
CNET Community

Forum Icon Legend

• UnreadUnread
  • ReadRead
  • Locked threadLocked thread
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  • ModeratorModerator
  • CNET StaffCNET Staff
  • Samsung StaffSamsung Staff
  • Norton Authorized Support TeamNorton Authorized Support Team
  • AVG StaffAVG Staff
  • avast! Staffavast! Staff
  • Webroot Support TeamWebroot Support Team
  • Acer Customer Experience TeamAcer Customer Experience Team
  • Windows Outreach TeamWindows Outreach Team
  • DISH staffDISH staff
  • Dell StaffDell Staff
  • Intel StaffIntel Staff
  • QuestionQuestion
  • Resolved questionResolved question
  • General discussionGeneral discussion
  • TipTip
  • Alert or warningAlert or warning
  • PraisePraise
  • RantRant

You are e-mailing the following post: Post Subject

Your e-mail address is used only to let the recipient know who sent the e-mail and in case of transmission error. Neither your address nor the recipient's address will be used for any other purpose.

Sorry, there was a problem emailing this post. Please try again.

Submit Email Cancel

Thank you. Sent email to

Close

Thank you. Sent email to

Close

You are reporting the following post: Post Subject

If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

Offensive: Sexually explicit or offensive language

Spam: Advertisements or commercial links

Disruptive posting: Flaming or offending other users

Illegal activities: Promote cracked software, or other illegal content

Sorry, there was a problem submitting your post. Please try again.

Submit Report Cancel

Your message has been submitted and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.

Close

Your message has been submitted and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.

Close

You are posting a reply to: Post Subject

The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to the CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to CBS Interactive Site Terms of Use.

You are currently tracking this discussion. Click here to manage your tracked discussions.

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

Sorry, there was a problem submitting your post. Please try again.

Sorry, there was a problem generating the preview. Please try again.

Duplicate posts are not allowed in the forums. Please edit your post and submit again.

Submit Reply Preview Cancel

Thank you, , your post has been submitted and will appear on our site shortly.

Close