Answer Best answer as chosen by user kgb907
- What do you mean with "updated drives"? Drive or driver? If drive, what did you replace it with? If driver, what driver exactly (download link please)?
- Did it work in Vista before you did this upgrade? And has it worked (if even one minute) in Windows 7?
- Anything strange in Device Manager for this drive? In that case (and it won't harm in others): boot in Safe Mode, delete the drive, and reboot in normal mode to let Windows rediscover it.
- Does it read and burn CD's?
- Now a small test: find a bootable CD and boot from it. Success?
- Another small test: find a bootable DVD (for example: the Windows 7 install DVD) and boot from it. Success?
- If it does: an bigger test: on another PC, download and burn an Ubuntu disk and boot from that. Does it see disks in the drive?
Was this reply helpful? (1) (0)