Sony forum: Sony LCD TV Screen displays picture then goes blank

by: deity307 July 15, 2013 4:21 AM PDT

Like this

0 people like this thread

Staff pick

Resolved question

Sony LCD TV Screen displays picture then goes blank

by deity307 - 7/15/13 4:21 AM

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone would possibly know the solution to my broken Sony LCD TV.

When I turn on the TV screen, the screen displays for about a second, and then it goes blank. Here is a video of my TV doing this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nafRqIcPVMk

Notice how the display actually shows for about a second, then all of a sudeen the screen goes "blank."

A few things:

-When the screen goes blank, it's actually not "off." The green light is still on, and when I play around with scrolling with the channels using the remote, when I turn it off and turn it back on, I see that the channels change. So clearly, the TV still accepts input from my remote on the TV buttons itself. But it's just the display that's not displaying correctly:

-This problem occurred right before I connected the Playstation 3 HDMI cable to the TV. I'm not sure but the PS3 could have possibly messed up the settings

-Here is more information about the TV, the model number and stuff:

Model number: Sony KDL-32ML130

Part Number:0027242719989

General

TV type LCD TV
Screen size 32.0 in
Viewing angle 178 degrees
Viewing angle (vertical) 178 degrees

Video

Technology TFT active matrix
Native resolution 1366 x 768
Resolution 720p
Aspect ratio 16:9
Response time (ms) 8.0 ms
Progressive Scan Progressive scanning (line doubling)
Widescreen Widescreen
Widescreen modes Full,
Normal,
Panorama,
Wide
Contrast ratio 1000:1

TV Tuner

TV tuner presence Yes
HDTV Tuner Yes
Tuner qty 1x analog/digital combo
Digital TV tuner ATSC
Secondary audio program (SAP) Yes

Connectivity

HDMI ports qty 2.0
PC interface VGA (HD-15)
Video interface HDMI,
Component,
Composite,
S-Video

Remote Control

Type Remote control
Second remote control type None

Stands & Mounts

Stand included Included
Stand design Tabletop

Power

Power device Power supply - Internal

Dimensions & Weight

Dimensions (WxDxH) - Without stand
Weight 24.3 lbs

Sustainability

ENERGY STAR Qualified Yes

Anyone know the solution or what the actual problem is? Hopefully I can fix it. I've tried resetting the TV to default settings, but that didn't work. I also tried calling Sony, but they couldn't find a solution and they suggested to get someone to look at it, but I'm sure it would far too much money for an expensive repair. If I can't find a solution, then I'll most likely just buy a new LED/LCD TV, because it's cheaper than repairing this one.

Forum Icon Legend

• UnreadUnread
  • ReadRead
  • Locked threadLocked thread
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  • ModeratorModerator
  • CNET StaffCNET Staff
  • Samsung StaffSamsung Staff
  • Norton Authorized Support TeamNorton Authorized Support Team
  • AVG StaffAVG Staff
  • avast! Staffavast! Staff
  • Webroot Support TeamWebroot Support Team
  • Acer Customer Experience TeamAcer Customer Experience Team
  • Windows Outreach TeamWindows Outreach Team
  • DISH staffDISH staff
  • Dell StaffDell Staff
  • Intel StaffIntel Staff
  • QuestionQuestion
  • Resolved questionResolved question
  • General discussionGeneral discussion
  • TipTip
  • Alert or warningAlert or warning
  • PraisePraise
  • RantRant

You are e-mailing the following post: Post Subject

Your e-mail address is used only to let the recipient know who sent the e-mail and in case of transmission error. Neither your address nor the recipient's address will be used for any other purpose.

Sorry, there was a problem emailing this post. Please try again.

Submit Email Cancel

Thank you. Sent email to

Close

Thank you. Sent email to

Close

You are reporting the following post: Post Subject

If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

Offensive: Sexually explicit or offensive language

Spam: Advertisements or commercial links

Disruptive posting: Flaming or offending other users

Illegal activities: Promote cracked software, or other illegal content

Sorry, there was a problem submitting your post. Please try again.

Submit Report Cancel

Your message has been submitted and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.

Close

Your message has been submitted and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.

Close

You are posting a reply to: Post Subject

The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to the CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to CBS Interactive Site Terms of Use.

You are currently tracking this discussion. Click here to manage your tracked discussions.

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

Sorry, there was a problem generating the preview. Please try again.

Duplicate posts are not allowed in the forums. Please edit your post and submit again.

Submit Reply Preview Cancel

Thank you, , your post has been submitted and will appear on our site shortly.

Close

You are requesting a clarification of the question: Post Subject

The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to the CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to CBS Interactive Site Terms of Use.

You are currently tracking this discussion. Click here to manage your tracked discussions.

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

Submit Clarification Request Preview Cancel

Close

You are posting an answer to the question: Post Subject

Submit Answer Preview Cancel

Close
close

Click here to be notified via e-mail when someone submits an answer.

Would you like to resolve this question? close

Based on your response, it looks like this question has been answered.

Sorry, there was a problem resolving this question. Please try again.

Resolve Leave unresolved