Answer Best answer as chosen by user hoosier01
Troubleshooting this issue
There are a few reasons TechTracker may report a version as out-of-date when it is actually up-to-date. Most often, our technology is at the mercy of developers and publishers who may or may not consistently update their application information within the program's files, but for a more detailed explanation of possible causes of such issues, please see this page:
If CNET TechTracker is reporting a version which looks incorrect to you, there are a few things you can try, chiefly: restarting your computer, re-scanning with TechTracker, and performing a hard refresh of your browser.
To perform a hard browser refresh:
1. Clear your default browser's cache and cookies (at least all of those pertaining to the following domains: cnet.com, com.com, and download.com).
2. Completely exit/close out of all running instances of that browser.
3. Run another scan with TechTracker on your computer and click the "Get Updates" button or scan notification bubble to go back to your CNET TechTracker page.
If you still see some items misidentified as out-of-date after trying all of the above, we ask that you send us a report from the TechTracker site. To do so:
1. On your CNET TechTracker page, locate the item which appears incorrect.
2. Underneath the name of the program, click on the "Report a problem" link.
3. Select the appropriate Problem category/type, fill out a short description of the problem, and be sure to click the "Submit Feedback" button.
This will send the information we need directly to our software editors, who will then be able to research and ideally fix the issue.
You are also able to temporarily or permanently hide specific applications from your software list. To do so, locate the application on your list and click the plus sign beside the "Info & Settings" link beneath the software title, then click either the "Hide" button, which permanently moves the item to your Hidden list (until/unless you manually move it back), or the "Skip" button, which removes the item from your list until the next version is available.
CNET TechTracker Support
Was this reply helpful? (0) (1)