Logging in is no longer required for TechTracker
Last week, we made some changes to the TechTracker service, such that logging in to the site is no longer required in order to view your scan results on your CNET TechTracker My Software page. Of course, we will be happy to troubleshoot your login issues, but despite them, you should still be able to use TechTracker and view your scan results online at this time.
If you do not see the "Get Updates" button, you can click the "Home" icon in the top left corner of the TechTracker application window (right beside the "Check" (scan) icon). This should take you right to your CNET TechTracker My Software page without requiring you to log in.
Since there seem to be some other underlying issues going on in your case, however, you might want to perform a clean install of TechTracker. This process includes a hard refresh of your browser, which might help with the login issue too.
If you do want to try the clean install, first move all of the following items to the Trash (or at least all of those that you locate on your machine):
~/Library/Application Support/TechTracker/Installed Software
/Applications/CNET TechTracker/CNET TechTracker[.app/Contents/MacOS/CNET TechTracker]
Then, restart your machine and empty the Trash. That should ensure that all traces of TechTracker are gone from your computer.
Next, perform a hard refresh of your default browser, per the following steps:
1. Clear your default browser's cache and cookies (at least all of those pertaining to the following domains: cnet.com, com.com, and download.com).
2. Completely exit/close out of all running instances of that browser.
3. Re-open the browser and download TechTracker from this location:
Once you have installed TechTracker, run another scan and click the "Get Updates" button or the "Home" icon to go straight to your CNET TechTracker page.
If you experience any further trouble with logging in to the site and/or using TechTracker, please contact us directly through our support site so we may more efficiently assist you:
1. Go to http://cnet.custhelp.com
2. Click on the "E-mail Support" tab.
3. Enter the e-mail address associated with your CNET TechTracker account.
4. Fill in the "Subject" and "Details" section with a description of your query or issue.
5. From the "Category" drop-down menu, choose the "CNET TechTracker" option.
6. Click the "Continue..." button.
7. Be sure to click the "Finish Submitting Question" button if none of the suggested links in the pop-up window help resolve your issue.
CNET TechTracker Support
Was this reply helpful? (0) (0)