I sincerely apologize for the delay in response to this post; we did fall behind in monitoring the forum, but for this type of issue, you do need to submit a support ticket. That is generally always the fastest way to get a response from support, and is the only way to resolve this particular sort of error, as troubleshooting it involves gathering personal information (namely, e-mail address) and the fix will be unique in every case. When you see the "computer not recognized" error, it usually indicates that your TechTracker account is associated with an old e-mail address in our system, and in order to resolve the issue, we need to manually re-assign it - so while it is a relatively quick and easy fix, it is not something that can be resolved on the user-end of things.
I have converted your post into a proxy ticket in our support system, in the event that you are still interested in troubleshooting; you should receive an e-mail to let you know that the ticket has been submitted, and another e-mail will alert you to our response, which you may expect within one business day.
In the future, you may submit support tickets directly through our support web site by following these steps:
1. Go to http://cnet.custhelp.com
2. Click on the "E-mail Support" tab.
3. Enter the e-mail address associated with your CNET TechTracker account.
4. Fill in the "Subject" and "Details" section with a description of your query or issue.
5. From the "Category" drop-down menu, choose the "CNET TechTracker" option.
6. Click the "Continue..." button.
7. Be sure to click the "Finish Submitting Question" button if none of the suggested links in the pop-up window help resolve your issue!
CNET TechTracker Support
Was this reply helpful? (1) (0)