Resolved question

IPS235V low resolution

by sweeeede - 7/9/12 5:16 AM

Hi

I have a 27" iMac. I just bought an IPS235V to use as a second monitor with it, via a MiniDisplay to HDMI adapter and HDMI cable.
In OS X, everything worked fine straight away. The picture filled the screen and the resolution was 1920x1080 as it was supposed to be.
However, when I restarted and loaded Windows 7 (via Boot Camp), I found that the picture had a black border around it, and the picture quality was not nearly as good as before. I tried to install the driver using the CD supplied, but it said something along the lines of 'action aborted' every time I tried. I eventually managed to install it through Windows and pointing it at the driver folder on the CD. Windows now tells me that the latest driver is installed, though the picture has not changed.
Eventually I managed to get the picture to fill the screen by playing with the settings in Catalyst Control Centre, but the picture is still slightly fuzzy/blurry, and maybe a little dark too as if the backlight isn't working. Every setting I can find though tells me that the resolution is 1920x1080, so I don't understand it. It can't be the monitor, as it's fine in OS X.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks.