How to Create a Vacation Away Message for your Email Account
by JiniOnline - 7/10/13 7:41 AM
When you plan a vacation with family or friends, you may want to let the people know that you are on a vacation and how can they contact you. For this, you can set up a vacation responder in Gmail, Hotmail and Yahoo. Here is how you can put a vacation responder message in your e-mail account:
Gmail Vacation Responder Setup:
1. Login to your Gmail account.
2. Click on the Settings icon at top-right corner of your mail screen.
3. Scroll down to Vacation Responder section.
4. Select Vacation Responder on option and set the date range, subject and message.
5. Select Only send a response to people in my Contacts option if you only want the responder message to be delivered to people in your contact details.
6. Click Save Changes.
Windows Live Hotmail Vacation Responder Setup:
1. Log in to your Windows Live Hotmail account.
2. Click on the Options button on the top-right corner of the screen.
3. Select More Options from the drop-down. Options page opens.
4. Click on Sending automated vacation replies option.
5. Setup vacation reply message and uncheck Only reply to your contacts option if you want to reply to everyone.
6. Click Save.
Yahoo Vacation Responder Setup:
1. Login to your Yahoo account.
2. Click on Mail Options in the drop down of the Settings icon at the top-right corner of your mail screen.
3. Click on Vacation Response in Mail Options screen at left panel of the mail screen.
4. Select Enable auto-response during these dates (inclusive) option.
5. Enter date range and message.
6. Click Save.
You can setup different messages for different domain emails by selecting Different response to emails from specific domain.