Printer Sharing or Printer Networking
by Lobo1943 - 11/28/12 10:36 AM
I have tried to establish a HomeGroup so I can share printers. PC1 prints ok via a USB port, however, PC2 dies not print at all. When I go to Devices and Printers I can see my PC1 printer. I have the shared printer box check but nothing happens.
I have removed the printer from Devices and Printers on PC2 and selected "Add a printer" and then selected "Select a shared printer" then click Browse and I see PC1. When I select PC1 it asks for a user name and password. I tried using the user name and password for PC1 and tried using the user name and password for PC2 but nothing happens.
This have been very frustrating and I need to share my printer that is connected to PC1 (my desktop).
I am running Windows 7 64 bit on both machines and I have the printer driver installed on both machines and I am wired from PC1 to my wireless router. I can share file and folders from PC2, co I know that each computer is communicating.
This is what is happing now:
1. I open Devices and Printers
2. Add a printer
3. Click Ad a network wireless or Blue tooth printer
4. Click on The printer that U want isn't listed
5. Select a shared printer by name & browse
6. I see the desktop PC & Select it
7. I see the printer and Select it
8. Click Next in the Add printers window
9. the I get a message that reads, " Windows cannot connect to the printer"
What can I do to resolve this issue. Any help will be appreciated.