Classic Pagemaker6.5 files to OSX10.5
by 2trekkers - 1/27/13 11:06 AM
I own an IMac G5 OSX 10.5.8 running Safari and recently purchased a new HP printer with a 10.5 operating system. My problem is related to my wife's computer.
She has a Powermac G5 OS Classis 9.2.2, 515 memory and using Firefox as a browser.
She has written hundreds of pages of genealogy charts in Pagemaker 6.5 and here are the problems:
1) The HP printer will not recognize her computer because it is not 10.5. ,
if I get a newer computer she can not access her Pagemaker files
2) I can not open Pagemaker because I can not have Classic on my 10.5
3) Pagemaker softwear is no longer available from Adobe
4) Her computer has a 1" square of lines around curser and all screen icons,
this problem we have tried to correct with no success
5) There may be softwear that will convert Pagemaker files but because
of memory and the Classic 9.0 she can not can not install it
We really need help. Thanks, Bill
2trekkers has chosen the best answer to his/her question.
Click here to view the answer that was selected.