TOP 5 weekly issues - March 1, 2013

by Jan_AVG AVG staff - 3/1/13 6:51 AM

** Toolbar_log.txt **

The AVG Toolbar log file (toolbar_log.txt) may rapidly increase its size under specific circumstances. The symptoms are computer slowdown, decreasing disk space and slowed-down internet connection. We have found source of the issue and fix was already released as AVG Toolbar update. If you are still having any of described symptoms please follow the Slowdown of computer or internet connection and decreasing disk space article.

** Update Bsecure Family Safety to AVG Family Safety **

If you want to replace your Bsecure Family Safety (CloudCare, Endpoint Security) with AVG Family Safety we recommend contacting the AVG customer care (to activate your AVG account) and following the How to update Bsecure Family Safety to AVG Family Safety article.

** False positive alarms **

We noticed a couple of false positive alarms reported on forums in the past week. Any AntiVirus software may detect a legitimate application sometimes when a part of its code is similar to a code in newly created malware. AVG implements advanced anti-false mechanisms to minimize risk of false alarms to prevent this. We have prepared the AVG detects infection on file that I suppose to be clean article for such rare coincidence when AVG detects a clean file.

** AVG Toolbar and Secure Search uninstallation **

If you want to completely remove the AVG Secure Search and/or AVG Toolbar and associated browser changes, please follow the How to remove AVG Toolbar, homepage and Secure Search from your browser article where you can find detailed instructions.

** My computer is infected **

Many users are asking us how to proceed when they have a suspicion that their computer become infected. We have summarized general procedure in the My computer is infected. What do I do now? article. In case your AVG is not installed yet we recommend going through the How to install AVG on an infected computer article.

If you have any questions about any of these issues or need help resolving them, please contact AVG customer care experts.