TOP 5 weekly issues - February 15, 2013

by Jan_AVG AVG staff - 2/15/13 8:02 AM

** ScriptHelper.exe **

After installation of AVG program, you may encounter the "A website wants to open web content using this program on your computer; Name: ScriptHelper.exe; Publisher: AVG Technologies" message when running Internet Explorer (screenshot). To remove this message, tick the "Do not show me the warning for this program again" option, and then click Allow. Please follow this article if this message is still displayed when running the Internet Explorer.

** Activation of new AVG PC TuneUp **

AVG PC TuneUp 2013 uses new format of the license number therefore cannot be activated with AVG PC TuneUp 2012 license number. It is necessary to generate compatible license number which can be used for activation. Please go to the AVG upgrade page to generate license number or visit How to activate AVG PC TuneUp article for more details.

** AVG 2013 Service Pack 1 updated beta available **

First Service Pack for AVG 2013 is now available for Beta testing. AVG 2013 Service Pack 1 brings many improvements in performance and stability as well as new features. Please find complete list of fixes & improvements in this document. We value your feedback so we decided to award the most active participants of this testing. Prizes include the new iPad Mini and a few Amazon.com vouchers! (Terms & Conditions)

** AVG Toolbar and Secure Search uninstallation **

If you want to completely remove the AVG Secure Search and/or AVG Toolbar and associated browser changes, please follow the How to remove AVG Toolbar, homepage and Secure Search from your browser article where you can find detailed instructions.

** My computer is infected **

Many users are asking us how to proceed when they have a suspicion that their computer become infected. We have summarized general procedure in the My computer is infected. What do I do now? article. In case your AVG is not installed yet we recommend going through the How to install AVG on an infected computer article.

If you have any questions about any of these issues or need help resolving them, please contact AVG customer care experts.