Is this a reasonable laptop for gaming at this price?
by iPanthar - 2/14/13 10:29 AM
Hey so I'm pretty new to buying laptops and I wasn't sure if this was a reasonable price for what I will be getting. I do a lot of PC gaming and plan to play games like Skyrim, Far Cry, and other recent games on medium to high graphics settings. I'm planning on ordering this laptop from xoticpc for about $1020, is it worth the price and will it do what I need it to do?
- 15.6" FHD 16:9 LED Backlit Wide screen (1920x1080) Super Clear Matte Type Screen (SKU - X1R354)
- 3rd Generation Intel® Ivy Bridge Core™ i7-3630QM (2.4GHz - 3.4GHz, 6MB Intel® Smart Cache, 45W Max TDP) (SKU - X2X317)
- nVidia GeForce GT 635M 2,048MB PCI-Express GDDR3 DX11 w/ Optimus Technology (SKU - X3R523)
- COPPER COOLING UPGRADE - Extra Cooling Copper Heatsinks Applied to the Heatsink/Heatpipes (XPC Service)
- 8GB DDR3 1600MHz [SKU-422P] (Dual Channel Memory (2x4GB SODIMMS)) - Default
- 1,000GB (1TB) 5400RPM (Serial-ATA II 3GB/s) - Default (SKU - X5R353)
- Built-in 802.11 Wireless B/G/N - Stock Wireless Card + Bluetooth 4.0 (SKU - X8R012)
- Smart Li-ion Battery (6-Cell)
- WINDOWS 8 - 64-Bit (Pre-Installed + Drivers & Utilities Disk)
iPanthar has chosen the best answer to his/her question.
Click here to view the answer that was selected.