Please recommend me a new laptop
by lifemare - 10/19/11 4:11 PM
I'm looking for the best performance in the 2000-2500€ price range.
I'll be using it mainly for editing and rendering video, multi-tasking with various creative software suites (adobe, corel, etc). Basically high-mem and processor-hungry software. A powerful graphic card is essential also. So a gaming laptop is probably a good idea here...
A tabletop is not an option because i'm always working on the move and will be doing live VJing with it.
I was going to buy it a couple of months ago but had to postpone it. At that time i was leaning towards a barebone Clevo with custom hardware...
- Price below 2500€ (i'll go a little higher if the laptop is !considerably! better)
- 17" screen
- Best affordable processor in the market
- Best graphic card possible
- 6-8GB ram
- 800GB-1TB SSD
- DVD/BR drive optional (i'll live without it just fine if i can get a second SSD instead)
- Solid architecture (ie: built to last, conflict and overheating-proof)
- Clean design (free of alienware-like glitter) is not a requirement, but as i said, all i'm interested in is performance, and would rather have a tool instead of a toy. Specially a LOUD toy.
- Note: I'd rather buy a 6 months old thoroughly tested processor, than a better freshly released one.
Thanks in advance for reading all that