witch gaming laptop should i buy
by xxPYROxxJONESxx - 9/17/11 5:54 AM
1) What is your budget? £700 or if its amazing £900 <-- note pound sign
2) What size notebook would you prefer? 16" 18"
3) Where will you buying this notebook? Great Britain
4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like? i like acer and alienware allot but don't have any big dislikes
5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed? yes because a great price usually comes with them
6) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook? GAMING GAMING GAMING in particular fallout new Vegas with fraps on.
7) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both? both
8) Will you be playing games on it; if so, which games or types of games? left 4 dead 2, dead space, dead island, fallout new Vegas, black ops, gears of war 3 upon release, minecraft and team fortress 2
9) How many hours of battery life do you need? 2 0r 3 the more the merrier
10) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK? I dont care as long as their are some picture's and specifications
11) What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista or windows 7), Mac OS, Linux, etc. windows 7 is a must for gaming
12) which screen resolutions do you prefer? I dont know but I would like detail and needs to support games
13) Do you want a glossy/reflective screen or a matte/non-glossy screen? Build Quality and Design: matte would be nice but i know they cost a fair bit so you know what do you guys think.
14) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you? no but i don't want a massive battery bulging out the back
15) When are you buying this laptop and how long do you want this laptop to last? I will be buying it just after Christmas and would be nice if it lasted 3 years but I only really need it for 2 before I upgrade
16) How much hard drive space do you need; 80GB to 500GB? Do you want a SSD drive? erm... 400 minimum of hard drive space but it has to be the fast type and I would settle for 4 gb of ram I supose <--- see this I'm a noob
17) Do you need an optical drive? If yes, a CDRW/DVD-ROM, DVD Burner or Blu-Ray drive? does a gaming laptop need a really powerful optical drive because I don't know
extra info I would like a second gen i7 and a up to date graphics card (<---BASIC GAMING ESSENTIALS) but you guys probably already know that if your reply to this thread