Tablets forum: Visual Land Connect 7 Inch Android Tablet

by: treadhead1952 January 25, 2013 7:21 PM PST

Like this

0 people like this thread

Staff pick

Visual Land Connect 7 Inch Android Tablet

by treadhead1952 - 1/25/13 7:21 PM

Hi All,

I recently purchased a Visual Land 7 Inch Tablet sporting Android 4.0 for an Operating System, carrying 8 gigabytes of onboard Memory, a Micro SD slot accepting up to a 32 gigabyte HD SD card, and preloaded with a pretty fair set of software implements. This is to be my first tablet to get my feet wet as it were. I have had several years of desktops from Microsoft to learn about things so I won't be at a complete loss when it comes to figuring things out.

Just to make sure, I have searched through about 17 pages of the older entries to ensure that no one else has brought this up. While there have been entries on several other tablets, there doesn't appear to be any on this relatively inexpensive little tablet. I did first find this little tablet on the Walmart website before the holidays listed for $79.95. By the time I managed to get to my nearest Walmart store with the funds in hand, they were sold out as was the website! Around the middle of January I did find some of them at our local Fry's Electronics store for $99.95. So my lack of timing cost me a whopping "Andy Jackson" ($20).

Opening the box you find the Connect 7" Tablet, instruction manual, a 110 Volt Wall Wart and cable to plug in your device to the wall, a short USB adapter cable that lets you plug in USB devices and cables to it's tiny interface plug in and a USB to the interface plug in male plug so you can charge as well as interface the tablet with your desktop. You will have to charge the tablet before use the first time. I didn't really time it, I got home late on a Friday with it, plugged it into the wall and went to bed. The next morning it was showing a 100% charge and ready to rock and roll.

Since then I have used the USB to tiny USB plug in to hook it to my desk top and that is how it has been charged up every since. It seems to last most of the day at work or out and about, this can be stretched out longer by turning off the WiFi setting if you aren't using it. Speaking of WiFi, if you don't already have a hot spot or wireless router, you will need to invest in one to use this feature. I scored a Belkin Wireless Router and can now wander around the house and yard without any issues. Just make sure that you do encrypt your new router or you may find yourself turned into the neighborhood WiFi Hot Spot.

Since Google doesn't recognize the Visual Land Connect as an acceptable device save yourself a lot of aggravation and stick to Net Flix and You Tube for your viewing pleasures. It does have PDF capability so you can read PDF files easily enough. Setting up E Mail programs is easy enough as well if you know your particulars. I had no trouble setting up Yahoo, G Mail, Office Outlook and such.

I did buy and install a Delkin 32 Gb SD HD card in the slot provided so I would have room to take photos, download a little music and store a movie or two for my viewing pleasure on the fly. I also installed AVG and Lookout security programs to help in keeping the bad guys away. These scan downloads prior to opening them up the first time to make sure they are squeaky clean. They also provide real time scanning as well as weekly scans to see that you haven't managed to get "bit" by any nasties.

So has anyone else out there gotten one of these? I would be interested in hearing about your experiences. If anyone has any questions, I am also up for them as well since I brought this one up.

Jay
treadhead1952
Las Vegas, NV

Forum Icon Legend

• UnreadUnread
  • ReadRead
  • Locked threadLocked thread
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  • ModeratorModerator
  • CNET StaffCNET Staff
  • Samsung StaffSamsung Staff
  • Norton Authorized Support TeamNorton Authorized Support Team
  • AVG StaffAVG Staff
  • avast! Staffavast! Staff
  • Webroot Support TeamWebroot Support Team
  • Acer Customer Experience TeamAcer Customer Experience Team
  • Windows Outreach TeamWindows Outreach Team
  • DISH staffDISH staff
  • Dell StaffDell Staff
  • Intel StaffIntel Staff
  • QuestionQuestion
  • Resolved questionResolved question
  • General discussionGeneral discussion
  • TipTip
  • Alert or warningAlert or warning
  • PraisePraise
  • RantRant

You are e-mailing the following post: Post Subject

Your e-mail address is used only to let the recipient know who sent the e-mail and in case of transmission error. Neither your address nor the recipient's address will be used for any other purpose.

Sorry, there was a problem emailing this post. Please try again.

Submit Email Cancel

Thank you. Sent email to

Close

Thank you. Sent email to

Close

You are reporting the following post: Post Subject

If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

Offensive: Sexually explicit or offensive language

Spam: Advertisements or commercial links

Disruptive posting: Flaming or offending other users

Illegal activities: Promote cracked software, or other illegal content

Sorry, there was a problem submitting your post. Please try again.

Submit Report Cancel

Your message has been submitted and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.

Close

Your message has been submitted and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.

Close

You are posting a reply to: Post Subject

The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to the CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to CBS Interactive Site Terms of Use.

You are currently tracking this discussion. Click here to manage your tracked discussions.

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

Sorry, there was a problem submitting your post. Please try again.

Sorry, there was a problem generating the preview. Please try again.

Duplicate posts are not allowed in the forums. Please edit your post and submit again.

Submit Reply Preview Cancel

Thank you, , your post has been submitted and will appear on our site shortly.

Close