Looking for a tablet to fit certain criteria, suggestions?
by Kittd101 - 7/18/12 9:49 AM
In the process of buying an inexpensive but efficient tablet, any suggestions?
Alright. I'm a young college student and I am looking for something to use that I could take in place of my laptop to some of my classes. I have a few features that I feel I need to have in order to make my college classes easier. I also enjoy writing and am going to be majoring in English and creative writing. I want something that I can write on and it will turn into a typed up document (I prefer hand writing my stories and it takes me a many long, boring hours of typing on my computer to get it printed in a word document).
I want a tablet that:
- is not a laptop or notebook with a pivot screen (I want a completely separate tablet. I have a laptop that works perfectly well and does not need replacing. I just want something small as well).
- is able to open word documents (and powerpoints if possible) and write on them.
- can go onto the Internet (wifi)
- allows me to write or praw on pictures (not a must, just a want).
- can download e-books for my college textbooks.
- (if it can download e-books) is able to write and annotate e-books.
- has hand writing recognition that will turn it into typed up documents.
- will connect to my computer and allow me to transfer any documents I worked on that day.
- has at least a 4 hour battery life (has to last the full class and a little while afterwards for homework.
- and, most importantly, costs $600 dollars or less. (I work at a QSR and make minimum wage. This is all I have managed to save up to buy myself a tablet.
I know that my price range isn't great (And I might be willing to go up to $800 dollars if I'm really careful with my money and can save a little more), but I would really love any advice you can give me as well as a few prices you can buy it for. The weight is not important because I'm sure it will weigh less than my laptop does I'm still better off with the tablet. If the weight bothers me when I go to buy it I will just choose annother tablet that was suggested.
Finally, I would also appreciate it if you could tell me of any features you feel I could use or would like in a tablet. If the tablet you are suggesting has that feature, even better!
I thank you for reading this and am thanking you in advance for any help you might offer me on this thread. I look forward to reading your advice/suggestions to me.