E-book Technology Question
by j168 - 4/8/13 1:37 AM
Hello Cnet Members!
I have been out of the US now for 5 years and in that timeframe I have heard and seen one of the most fastest evolving tech gadget that I have ever seen. I'm talking about e-book readers. Now, I know this type of thing isn't new, but the advertising and just the rapid evolution from non-color to color screen in a matter of MONTHS is just amazing! I'm trying to keep up with the trends of this reader there but information is limited if you are not in the us so here are some questions, I want to eventually have one of these ordered and shipped to another country.
1. I heard that some have advertisements? If you are out of the country, do these still work? Or are they region specific only?
2. "What I am Looking for": I am looking for a cheap ebook reader that can highlight lines of text like a highlighter and has sticky-note capabilities. Also a bookmark option if there is one. Has anyone used programs like Adobe Acrobat? Similarcapabilities. A zooming option would be nice also.
3. I also would like an option on the type of file it can save. I heard that some use different file-types specific to that brand. I would like one with .pdf saving capabilities so that I can transfer from desktop to ebook reader at my choosing.
4. "Gadget Layout Preference": I want a reader (It can be older if its cheap) that has buttons on the bottom instead of a touch-screen. But I can use a touchscreen if its better.
5. "Tablet or Pocket" I prefer pocket, but if that version has problems, with resolution (like magazines) then I'll stick with the tablets.
Thanks for reading this post! I tried doing research online, but this is hard to do. Your input is greatly appreciated. Thanks!