Powerade spilled on Laptop,works,but a problem!(read pls)
by hyun18 - 5/19/12 1:56 PM
So my sister spilled some amounts of Powerade onto my HP (Pavilion DV7-3165dx ) laptop (2 years old), it spreaded a little(?)on the keyboard (not sure if it penetrated through?) but we managed to immediately turn it over, turned it off ( It dididn't shut itself off,yet), took the charger off, and then the battery later.
While upside-down, I dried it with a blow dryer for a little while (on cool setting).
Then I let it sit on an upside down V shape for like 2 days with a small fan pointed at it. Then let it sit for another day.
I turned it on yesterday (after inspecting it and everything, I even opened the dvd drive by poking through the hole to open it manually, this is the side where it mostly spilled, I looked at the CD drive and smelled it and saw no trace of Powerade residue, so I assumed the motherboard diidn''t even get wet at all ), everything was working flawlessly...
But I noticed when It's turned off, but has some power source,(such as the battery or the charger plugged in ) the indicator lights (stop,forward,wireless button etc) and the light on the DVD drive would otherwise stay/go on and off (flicker) sometimes and you could open the DVD drive by just pressing the button!
Why is this? It seems the electricity from the charger or battery is somehow powering the lights?
Is this a bad thing?
I've tried power draining (disconnecting every power source and holding down the power button), but it doesn't seem to work?
I've also heard worse post laptop-spill where it resulted on the laptop acting weirdly but after a few days it was gone and working completely ....so is it possible there is still some liquid in there?