Compaq Presario CQ40 won't Boot
by epacor - 5/12/12 9:08 PM
I have a Compaq Presario CQ40 that was working perfectly with Windows 7 home then all of a sudden it won't boot.
When you start I get nothing on the screen and after about 1 minute all you get is the Cap lock light and Num lock light continuously flashing. The CPU fan starts and then stops after a few seconds.
I have done these things to try and fix it with no luck.
- all power off and battery out, hold start button down for 30 seconds and the restart
- taken motherboard battery out for 60 seconds then restart
- checked all conectors internally to see that they are connected
- swapped RAM around
- Put new RAM in
- disconnected all H/W like HDD, DVD, Wireless, speakers and restart
- Put a new CPU in
- the HDD working as an external drive on another laptop
- tried another power supply
Nothing seems to work!!!!!
Can anyone suggest anything more that I could try?