Cant Use Windows Update (Error:80073712)
by mikej12 - 3/25/13 9:01 PM
Hey Everyone, new member here!
I've been reading this forum for years, but never had the need to ask a question myself until now... I'm hoping anyone can help me figure out what the heck is
wrong with my computer... I simply CANNOT use Microsoft Update! This has been the case for about a year I think, and I have never found a solution to it
and I have tried everything I read online and nothing will fix it....
- Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
- Sony Vaio VPCF127FX (3 years old)
- Bitdefender Total Security 2013
- Disabled windows firewall/anti-virus/defender
- When trying to 'check for updates', I always get this error:
And error occured while checking for new updates for your computer. Error(s) Found: Code 80073712
- Cannot Install Internet Explorer 9!!
Things I've tried:
- My computer cannot run/execute SFC utility in prompt. It always gives this error:
Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.
- I've tried Microsoft Fix it and it finds no problems
- I've tried the latest 'System Update and Readiness Tool'
- I'm confident it has nothing to do with bitdefender. Even so, I've disabled it and removed it to see if it was an issue and this problem is the same.
- Checking Windows Event Logs Gives This information:
FriendlyEventName=Windows Update installation problem
AppName=Host Process for Windows Services
ReportDescription=A Windows update did not install properly. Sending the following information to Microsoft can help improve the software.
If anyone has any ideas or suggestions please help!!!!