What you told.
by Kees_B - 8/2/12 7:07 AM
In Reply to: Back up system by choo56
1. Files are backed up with Windows backup from Windows Vista.
2. All files are on the external hard disk.
3. Restore with Windows 7 restore doesn't work.
It might help if you told what happens if you try. Just "doesn't work" is not very informative. And it's not clear what you mean with "the Iomega to do it's job". Hard disks don't do much except storing data and it seems it does that.
The obvious work-around is one of the 4:
1. make a new backup/copy with a new backup/copy tool that is compatible with Windows , so you can easily restore it.
2. use another (restore, copy) tool that is compatible with your existing backup
3. do a direct copy from the old disk to your new system
4. find another Vista PC that is compatible with your existing backup, restore your data onto it, continue with #1
It's up to you to chose the one that's easies for you.
Was this reply helpful? (0) (0)