BSOD - Fix
by Mark_P_W - 8/21/12 7:08 PM
In Reply to: BSOD by diffdrummer
I ran into this same issue with both an HP M6 and HP M7 laptop, while getting my son setup for his freshman year at college. The HP M6 had web camera problems and the BSOD when connected to the HP 8600 Plus via USB cord. Took the M6 back and got the M7. The M7 web camera worked and the overall performance is much better. However onced connected to the HP 8600 Plus via USB cable, we would recieve the dreaded BSOD within 15 minutes or so. Made one change to the HP 8600 Printer settings and has now been 5 days with no BSOD. SOOO without further delay drum role please here is the fix.
Follow these steps in the order to resolve the issue.
Change the ink alerts setting as follows:
1. Double-click the HP product icon on the desktop, or click Start ( ), click All Programs , click HP , and then click your HP product.
2. Under Shopping Resources , click Estimated Ink Levels .
3. Click the Advanced Settings tab.
4. Click the box next to Only show me ink alerts when I print , and then click Close to save the change.
5. Restart the computer. It is important that you restart the computer to resolve the issue.
6. That's it!
Let me know if it worked!
Was this reply helpful? (0) (1)