Need Access to Old Hotmail Account

by saluraropicrusa - 6/22/12 11:43 AM

I apologize if this issue has been answered before, I have no idea what to search for to see if it has.

Many years ago I changed email accounts. I ended up leaving the old account inactive, however it turns out this is the account tied to my xbox gamertag, and I'm not able to sign in on my xbox without this email's password.

I've tried more than once to recover this account's information, but it's asking for info that I couldn't possibly remember--I haven't had access to this account in YEARS, and I'm afraid it may have been hijacked. Yet, there's nothing I can do about it because I can't provide enough information to prove that it's my account and there seems to be no way to contact any official windows live people about this.

What I want to know is, am I missing something? Is there a way for me to solve this problem that I'm not seeing, or a way to contact anyone about it? I desperately need access to this account if it's still active, because without this everything on my xbox account is essentially lost (I have no way of changing which email it's associated with because it won't let me sign in).