Samsung forum: Samsung Smart 3D TV drops internet

by: SailorLuna April 20, 2013 11:43 PM PDT

Like this

0 people like this thread

Staff pick

Resolved question

Samsung Smart 3D TV drops internet

by SailorLuna - 4/20/13 11:43 PM

I recently purchased a Samsung Smart 3D TV and had it installed earlier this week. In addition, I bought a samsung 3D Bluray player, and a Samsung Soundbar. Below are the model numbers for the TV and Bluray:
Smart 3D TV: UN50F6400AFXZA
3D Bluray: BD-F5900

Everything is working fine accept for the internet. I have a pretty strong internet connection and a brand new router from Xfinity.
Here's the situation: For example when I log onto Netflix through my smart tv, everything loads fast. Then I select a title to watch and I hit play, everything loads. Then sometimes even only 30 seconds in, the screen will stop to load. Then it always freezes at a certain buffering point and it'll stick there forever. So I hit the back button and try to click the title again, nothing loads. So I exit and go back to the smart hub and try to re-click the app, and then what pops up is this message:
"You're not connected to the network. Go to Network Settings and connect to the Internet to enjoy Smart Hub".
Well so I go to my settings and then this message appears:
"Wireless network connection failed. Cannot connect to the Network. Try the following: -Check security key on Wireless Router, and check if IP is set correctly in 'IP Settings', -Contact your internet sercive provider for more information."
Eventually it'll hook back onto the wifi but then the same things will happen over and over again, and it's not just on netflix, it's on everything in the smart hub. I then go to try the wifi on the bluray player and the same thing happens with the same message.
So I did double check my IP settings, and they were just fine. I bought an Ethernet Adapter kit by Netgear (powerline 100) thinking there would be a more direct signal to the tv, but there was no change at all. So then I called Comcast. Someone came out to the house and said "oh it's just that your router isn't that close to the tv so we'll move it". He also checked to see if the router was on a timer, which it wasn't.
He told me to return the ethernet adapter kit since it was no longer needed. We moved the router and no change at all, this wan't truly observed until he left. The same thing still continues to happen. The tv will hook onto the internet but then it drops and it's very difficult to get back online. Everything else in the house is completly fine wifi wise.
Another weird thing to mention is that sometimes when the internet goes out on the tv, it affects the whole house. It only ever happens when the tv is trying to access the internet.
I have a Smart Bluray player on one of my other tvs and it's never had a problem connecting to the internet. It still works just fine after this other tv has been installed.
I'm not sure if there's something wrong with my tv and bluray player that it won't stay on the internet. The weird thing is that both gadgets are dropping the internet and they weren't purchased together. Is there anything I should know about getting the internet to connect? Is there a known glitch? Do I need to worry about returning this newly installed home theater?
If there is any additional information I should include, please let me know.

Forum Icon Legend

• UnreadUnread
  • ReadRead
  • Locked threadLocked thread
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  • ModeratorModerator
  • CNET StaffCNET Staff
  • Samsung StaffSamsung Staff
  • Norton Authorized Support TeamNorton Authorized Support Team
  • AVG StaffAVG Staff
  • avast! Staffavast! Staff
  • Webroot Support TeamWebroot Support Team
  • Acer Customer Experience TeamAcer Customer Experience Team
  • Windows Outreach TeamWindows Outreach Team
  • DISH staffDISH staff
  • Dell StaffDell Staff
  • Intel StaffIntel Staff
  • QuestionQuestion
  • Resolved questionResolved question
  • General discussionGeneral discussion
  • TipTip
  • Alert or warningAlert or warning
  • PraisePraise
  • RantRant

You are e-mailing the following post: Post Subject

Your e-mail address is used only to let the recipient know who sent the e-mail and in case of transmission error. Neither your address nor the recipient's address will be used for any other purpose.

Sorry, there was a problem emailing this post. Please try again.

Submit Email Cancel

Thank you. Sent email to

Close

Thank you. Sent email to

Close

You are reporting the following post: Post Subject

If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

Offensive: Sexually explicit or offensive language

Spam: Advertisements or commercial links

Disruptive posting: Flaming or offending other users

Illegal activities: Promote cracked software, or other illegal content

Sorry, there was a problem submitting your post. Please try again.

Submit Report Cancel

Your message has been submitted and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.

Close

Your message has been submitted and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.

Close

You are posting a reply to: Post Subject

The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to the CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to CBS Interactive Site Terms of Use.

You are currently tracking this discussion. Click here to manage your tracked discussions.

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

Sorry, there was a problem generating the preview. Please try again.

Duplicate posts are not allowed in the forums. Please edit your post and submit again.

Submit Reply Preview Cancel

Thank you, , your post has been submitted and will appear on our site shortly.

Close

You are requesting a clarification of the question: Post Subject

The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to the CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to CBS Interactive Site Terms of Use.

You are currently tracking this discussion. Click here to manage your tracked discussions.

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

Submit Clarification Request Preview Cancel

Close

You are posting an answer to the question: Post Subject

Submit Answer Preview Cancel

Close
close

Click here to be notified via e-mail when someone submits an answer.

Would you like to resolve this question? close

Based on your response, it looks like this question has been answered.

Sorry, there was a problem resolving this question. Please try again.

Resolve Leave unresolved