Samsung HT-E5530 audio sync problem (firmware bug?)
by ralphfx - 12/9/12 5:49 AM
After using the HT-E5530 for a few days I am under the impression there is an error in the firmware regarding the audio sync delay setting.
- cable STB connected to HDMI1 of the HT-E5530 with a HDMI 1.4 cable
- HT-E5530 connected to the TV (UE40D7000) with a HDMI 1.4 cable
- Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) disabled on all devices
All devices running on the latest firmware/software versions. For the HT-E5530 this is version 1012.5.
After some trial and error, an audio sync delay of 125ms on the HT-E5530 seems to be the best setting to have the picture and sound from the STB in sync on my TV and HT-E5530 respectively.
Now, what is the issue:
1. I switch off all devices (stand by)
2. I switch all devices back on
3. The picture on my TV and sound from the HT-E5530 are now no longer in sync. Despite the fact that the 125ms audio sync delay is still set in the menu of the HT-E5530 (!!), the HT-E5530 behaves as if the audio sync delay is back on its default 0ms!
4. I now change the audio sync delay setting to e.g. 100ms and then back to 125ms again and picture and sound are back in sync.
Steps 1-4 keep repeating.
In other words: the HT-E5530 doesn't seem to "remember/apply" the 125ms audio sync delay after switching the device off and back on again. However, the setting still appears in the menu.
Resetting the HT-E5530 doesn't change anything. The audio sync bug seems to be persistant, which makes me believe it's an error in the firmware.
I hope this remark gets noticed by Samsung and there will be a fix in a new firmware version.