Samsung forum: Samsung support for ES7100

by: chacocherry December 7, 2012 5:50 PM PST

Like this

0 people like this thread

Staff pick

Samsung support for ES7100

by chacocherry - 12/7/12 5:50 PM

All excited about my new 55ES7100. Bought one from amazon, moved my old LCD to my bed room and hooked up ES7100 in my living room on a samsung ultra slim wall mount.

All my eagerness and excitement is gone in the air few minutes after the TV is turned on. Picture is grainy on some channel/videos and others picture is not sharp.

Thought thats the issue with my dish network though I never had problems with it on my previous TV, ordered a new HD DVR and the problem still exists. Then removed all the cables from reciever and ran them through TV. No improvement.Took to a friends house who is my neighbour and hooked up the TV to his comcast cable and still the same issue.

Called samsung support and he walked me through the diagnostic image which is good. he confirmed the TV is good, since the image is looking good. But the problem is not with still image, its with the videos. I displayed my images from my DSLR which had no issues, its only with the video, no matter what (Cable, blue ray, dvd, Externap hard drive, you tube app), the result is same.

Samsung rep tells me he is not convinced that the problem is with TV. I spend enough time on call with them and am tired. I asked for support to come over and take a look himself, but they said they wont provide service for bad picture (really , this is what I get for my $1600 TV in first week). I gave up and called amazon and they asked me to just pack it and they will pick it up and refund either my money or another TV.

Decided that I will not go with samsung again (not just TV, but alsoplanned on samsung S3 which I decided to drop). I am returning it for an LG LM8600. I have seen it at a friends place and I liked the picture. Not that all samsung tv's are bad , there are friends who proudly display their samsung tv's, but I might have got a defective one. I am ok with getting a defective set which I cna always exchnage for another one from amazon, but the customer support from samsung threw me off. This is not what I expected from a international giant and leading TV manufacturer.

Forum Icon Legend

• UnreadUnread
  • ReadRead
  • Locked threadLocked thread
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  • ModeratorModerator
  • CNET StaffCNET Staff
  • Samsung StaffSamsung Staff
  • Norton Authorized Support TeamNorton Authorized Support Team
  • AVG StaffAVG Staff
  • avast! Staffavast! Staff
  • Webroot Support TeamWebroot Support Team
  • Acer Customer Experience TeamAcer Customer Experience Team
  • Windows Outreach TeamWindows Outreach Team
  • DISH staffDISH staff
  • Dell StaffDell Staff
  • Intel StaffIntel Staff
  • QuestionQuestion
  • Resolved questionResolved question
  • General discussionGeneral discussion
  • TipTip
  • Alert or warningAlert or warning
  • PraisePraise
  • RantRant

You are e-mailing the following post: Post Subject

Your e-mail address is used only to let the recipient know who sent the e-mail and in case of transmission error. Neither your address nor the recipient's address will be used for any other purpose.

Sorry, there was a problem emailing this post. Please try again.

Submit Email Cancel

Thank you. Sent email to

Close

Thank you. Sent email to

Close

You are reporting the following post: Post Subject

If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

Offensive: Sexually explicit or offensive language

Spam: Advertisements or commercial links

Disruptive posting: Flaming or offending other users

Illegal activities: Promote cracked software, or other illegal content

Sorry, there was a problem submitting your post. Please try again.

Submit Report Cancel

Your message has been submitted and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.

Close

Your message has been submitted and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.

Close

You are posting a reply to: Post Subject

The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to the CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to CBS Interactive Site Terms of Use.

You are currently tracking this discussion. Click here to manage your tracked discussions.

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

Sorry, there was a problem submitting your post. Please try again.

Sorry, there was a problem generating the preview. Please try again.

Duplicate posts are not allowed in the forums. Please edit your post and submit again.

Submit Reply Preview Cancel

Thank you, , your post has been submitted and will appear on our site shortly.

Close