Samsung forum: Samsung horrible customer service

by: Kelson426 December 6, 2012 1:58 PM PST

Like this

0 people like this thread

Staff pick

Samsung horrible customer service

by Kelson426 - 12/6/12 1:58 PM

My samsung series 7 NP700Z5C-S04US broke after 2 months. I've had 3 different ticket numbers over the last 2 monts: 4116527112, 4116737683, and 4116826626. None of them have been resolved.

Heres my story:

10/8/12: Call customer service for problem with Chronos laptop, won't charge properly. I was told to send it in for service and it would take 2-4 days after it was received.
10/15: UPS confirms that computer was delivered to samsung
10/16: Samsung claims they received the computer
10/17: The repair center receives the computer. (i've already lost 2 days)
10/24: Call samsung since i've received no updates. And am told to call the repair center. The repair center informs me that they are fixing problems my computer never had and won't listen to me about the real problem. They also tell me they are going to order a part that will take 1-2 weeks to arrive.(They've had my computer for a week already, why haven't they ordered it)
10/25: Call samsung back to see if this can be resolved another way as i don't want to be without a computer for a month. They offer a replacement and tell me someone will contact me in 1-2 days to arrange this.
10/30: No one has contacted me and when i call in they just say to keep waiting.
10/31: After having been lied to about their replacement office being closed and then receiveing a lower replacement offer from the "closed" center the same day i asked for a refund. They agree to start the process on that.
11/3: After continually being contacted about a replacement that i no longer want i finally talk to someone in the refund department that says she'll start the refund and that i will receive it in 10-15 business days. (Why did it take them 4 days to understand that i no longer want their product)
11/17: No updates so i call to check in, they say they're still waiting on my computer to be sent in( it was sent in back in october). They also inform me that they will not refund the almost 100 dollars in sales tax. After fighting this for a while i agree to their ammount because i'm tired of dealing with it.
11/24: Their 15 business days are up and they have made no progress. Everyone i talk to gives me a different story. It's already been mailed or we're waiting on one more approval. Then i find out the truth. They messed up somewhere and restarted the 10-15 day process on 11/15 and never told me. They claim there is nothing they can do to speed it up even though it was there mistake. I'm given multiple promises on when it will arrive and those dates come and go.
11/27: The check is supposedly finally in the mail.
12/6: Still no check. Is someone walking the check from their office to texas.

Moral of the story, never do business with samsung. I had a working product for 2 months and they've had it back for 2 months and i have nothing. As a student who needs a computer to do school work this has been horrible. Luckily in the past two months i've been able to turn several people away from buying a samsung product. The few thousand dollars it's probably cost them might not be noticed but it makes me feel better. If you enjoy being lied to and stolen from then go ahead and buy a samsung product, if you want a product that won't break or will at least be fixed go elsewhere.

Forum Icon Legend

• UnreadUnread
  • ReadRead
  • Locked threadLocked thread
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  • ModeratorModerator
  • CNET StaffCNET Staff
  • Samsung StaffSamsung Staff
  • Norton Authorized Support TeamNorton Authorized Support Team
  • AVG StaffAVG Staff
  • avast! Staffavast! Staff
  • Webroot Support TeamWebroot Support Team
  • Acer Customer Experience TeamAcer Customer Experience Team
  • Windows Outreach TeamWindows Outreach Team
  • DISH staffDISH staff
  • Dell StaffDell Staff
  • Intel StaffIntel Staff
  • QuestionQuestion
  • Resolved questionResolved question
  • General discussionGeneral discussion
  • TipTip
  • Alert or warningAlert or warning
  • PraisePraise
  • RantRant

You are e-mailing the following post: Post Subject

Your e-mail address is used only to let the recipient know who sent the e-mail and in case of transmission error. Neither your address nor the recipient's address will be used for any other purpose.

Sorry, there was a problem emailing this post. Please try again.

Submit Email Cancel

Thank you. Sent email to

Close

Thank you. Sent email to

Close

You are reporting the following post: Post Subject

If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

Offensive: Sexually explicit or offensive language

Spam: Advertisements or commercial links

Disruptive posting: Flaming or offending other users

Illegal activities: Promote cracked software, or other illegal content

Sorry, there was a problem submitting your post. Please try again.

Submit Report Cancel

Your message has been submitted and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.

Close

Your message has been submitted and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.

Close

You are posting a reply to: Post Subject

The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to the CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to CBS Interactive Site Terms of Use.

You are currently tracking this discussion. Click here to manage your tracked discussions.

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

Sorry, there was a problem submitting your post. Please try again.

Sorry, there was a problem generating the preview. Please try again.

Duplicate posts are not allowed in the forums. Please edit your post and submit again.

Submit Reply Preview Cancel

Thank you, , your post has been submitted and will appear on our site shortly.

Close