Flicker on LCD TV model LN46C650; no reply from Nisi
by nzanetti - 3/29/12 11:36 AM
My TV has been flickering to such an extent that it's like like watching a strobe light (more details below). I contacted Samsung customer support, who apparently sent Ticket #: 4114238316 to Nisi Boston. They called back once and got my answering machine. The number they left was 972-241-0700. I have left several messages at that number over the last 2 weeks, and have received no reply. The voice mail says I have reached Mike at Nisi Boston. I reverse-searched the phone number, and it's registered to Texas TCS, in Dallas, TX. Pretty far from Boston.
2 days ago (3/27/12) I sent the following email to the address provided by Samsung, GSPARK@NISIUSA.COM. I have not received a reply. I have seen responses from Samsung Customer Service in this forum, and I am hoping you will reply to me as well and help me to get a service appointment. The details of my problem are in the email:
To: NISI-NJ, INC. Boston FE:
I put in a ticket with Samsung last week and received ticket # 4114238316, along with your email address and phone number. I believe I have gotten one call from you, but since then I have left a few messages and received no reply. I am anxious to get my TV working again, and would like to schedule this appointment ASAP.
- 46" Class (45.9" Diag.) 650 Series 1080p LCD HDTV (2010 model)
- Model # LN46C650L1FXZA
- Model Code LN46C650
- Software Version T-VALAUSC - 1015.0
- Serial #: Z1P23CDZ40233K
- The TV flickers so much it seems like a strobe light.
- This issue started a couple of months ago, but at that time only occurred when there was a bright light on the screen, and usually stopped when the scene got darker.
- When it started to continue strobing after the scene got darker, we turned down the backlight, and that made the issue a lot less frequent, for about a month.
- Just recently, though, it generally begins to strobe after having been on for about 15-20 minutes, and cannot be stopped.
- We have fiddled with the backlight, other lights, eco settings, everything. Nothing makes any difference any more.
- Here is a video I found on YouTube of the exact same model TV having the exact same problem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BHdi60xI88
I have searched the internet extensively on this subject. I know that this is a very common problem and that Nisi is the most common repair company recommended by Samsung. I expect that you are familiar with this issue. I would like to request that you come prepared to fix it. In other words, I would like you to pre-order the bulb and/or other part(s) I know you know you'll need, so it can be installed while you are in my home for the appointment.
Please contact me as soon as possible to make the appointment. I am happy to communicate via email if you would like to reply to this email. Otherwise, please call me at ...