Wow Sorry to hear this
by rednroll - 5/17/13 3:00 PM
In Reply to: Help by Fredmertz167
Sorry to hear about everyone who has had this problem.
I will say from my personal experience Samsung is one of the better company's to have to deal with when an unfortunate problem like this happens. I currently own 6 Samsung TV's and I've had one problem with one of these TVs where the TV turned off by itself while watching it one day, and then after that the TV would turn on for 2 minutes then immediately shut off by itself. TV was actually 3 weeks out of Warranty. I was upset.
However, my personal experience with Samsung's customer service was top notch. I reported the problem, communicated with a Samsung rep via email. Explained the symptoms and what happened.They sent a local authorized repair service within a week to my house and fixed my TV on site. TV has worked great ever since.
In contrast I've had the unfortunate experience of having to deal with Vizio and Westinghouse in the past with TV purchases and those experiences were awful. In fact at the end of January this year, I had a 46" LED Westinghouse just shut down and stop working after owning it for 9 months. Still within the 1 year manufacturer Warranty.
Here's how that experience went.
1. Registered my TV with WH when I first purchased it.
2. TV died after 9 months of light use.
3. Sent Warranty request through WH website on January 21st.
4. Got an automated response that a WH rep would contact me within 24 Hours.
5. A month and a half went by, no follow up from WH.
6. Called WH directly after having to scour the net for a Warranty Contact Phone Number (ie none on their website).
7. The rep on the phone issued me an RMA and emailed me a pre-paid shipping receipt. Now, note at this point I had thrown away the box the TV came in, yet WH informed me that I was responsible for ensuring the TV was properly boxed and shipped with protective packaging, and to make sure I took pictures of the packaging I used as evidence or I would be held responsible for any damage caused in shipping. UPS and FED-EX do not have boxes you can purchase for shipping TVs. Spent a day going to every retail store in my area, asking if they had any TV boxes available. Came up empty. I had to drive around my neighborhood on garbage day looking for a box to solve this problem. I got lucky. Found a 50" Magnavox box in someone's trash. Had to modify the box and packaging styrofoam to make the WH TV fit. What a fun experience that was.
8. Shipped WH TV back. Another month goes by....I hear nothing from WH on the status of my Warranty return.
9. Contact WH through their website which has a "check on status of your RMA" link. Get a response the next day via email on April 8th, that they are finishing up with my TV and will ship my replacement on April 11th. 3 weeks go by...still nothing.
10. So frustrated at this point, I say F*** it!!! Go and purchase a Samsung 46" LED 6150 as a replacement. I don't even want this WH TV anymore!!!
11. Check on RMA status again through WH website. No reply this time.
12. On May 12th I finally receive a WH TV replacement.....(but it doesn't finish here).
13. The replacement I received from WH wasn't even the same model I sent them. They sent me a 46" LED replacement, but it was a model number below the one I sent in, $75 retail cheaper than the one I originally purchased with lower contrast ratio specs. Original=100K:1 contrast ratio. Replacement=3000:1 Contrast Ratio.
Summary: TV failed on January 21st. Partial resolution on May 12th, received a cheaper TV replacement. Totally frustrating process. If this was my main and only TV, I would have been totally pi**ed!!
Who here wants to buy a Westinghouse TV!!!??? I'll give you a great deal on it!!! Brand new in the BOX!!!! I have no use for it and will never buy another Westinghouse anything. I've learned my lesson. I will stick with Samsung from here on out.
This post is already long, so I won't even go into my Vizio customer service experience I had. It was terrible also. Returned that one to Sam's Club and bought a replacement Samsung after 2 months of frustrated waiting.
Was this reply helpful? (0) (0)