Samsung forum: Plasma cracked and Samsung not honoring warranty

by: gwp026 October 18, 2011 3:39 PM PDT

Like this

1 person likes this thread

Staff pick

Plasma cracked and Samsung not honoring warranty

by gwp026 - 10/18/11 3:39 PM

My 50" plasma broke (spider cracked in 2 places) while my children were watching a movie. I called Samsung since it was only 9 months old. They told me a local service tech would come out to take a look at it. Some kid showed up (late might I add) and did *nothing* but take a picture of the TV. They submitted it to Samsung who determined (from nothing more than this picture) that my screen broke from "physical damage" and it's not covered under warranty. I called Samsung to complain about this outrage. I spoke to the customer service agent and then her supervisor. I was then referred to their "Executive Office" (in NJ? I thought they were from South Korea.) I spoke to some lady there named Lisa who gave me the same runaround. They are offering to cover the cost of the parts but not the 200-300 in labor costs. At no time did they do any kind of inspection to the tv. Samsung's Engineering Dept apparently has done so much research into this that they are able to diagnose a tv problem from a simple picture. When I spoke with Lisa I asked her about the abundant pages linked to "thermal expansion" and Samsung tv problems. I also told her there are multitudes of people who are experiencing the same problems with their plasmas and Samsung is just blowing it off as physical damage and not covering repairs. I also asked her about the lawsuit filed in NJ about this. She repeatedly told me that "not all information on the internet is accurate." Basically calling everyone a liar. I warned her that I was going to file a complaint myself with the Attorney General's Office for consumer fraud. She told me all they will do is forward them the complaint and they respond in kind with the same information they provided me. Anyone else having problems with Samsung Corporate? Anyone, especially PA residents, want to file some sort of group complaint against these people? There basically calling us all liars. They're claiming that what we're posting on the net is not 100% accurate and that we must be randomly deciding to break out televisions to see if we can get them fixed for free. This is consumer fraud if I ever saw it. They have a widely documented problem and are not doing anything about it except offering to cover the parts. Now let me ask you this. If they seriously had no problems with these sets and believed that all these people damaged their sets, then why are they covering the parts in the first place? Sounds like a lot of money going out the window for them to be doing it out of the kindness of their hearts.

Forum Icon Legend

• UnreadUnread
  • ReadRead
  • Locked threadLocked thread
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  • ModeratorModerator
  • CNET StaffCNET Staff
  • Samsung StaffSamsung Staff
  • Norton Authorized Support TeamNorton Authorized Support Team
  • AVG StaffAVG Staff
  • avast! Staffavast! Staff
  • Webroot Support TeamWebroot Support Team
  • Acer Customer Experience TeamAcer Customer Experience Team
  • Windows Outreach TeamWindows Outreach Team
  • DISH staffDISH staff
  • Dell StaffDell Staff
  • Intel StaffIntel Staff
  • QuestionQuestion
  • Resolved questionResolved question
  • General discussionGeneral discussion
  • TipTip
  • Alert or warningAlert or warning
  • PraisePraise
  • RantRant

You are e-mailing the following post: Post Subject

Your e-mail address is used only to let the recipient know who sent the e-mail and in case of transmission error. Neither your address nor the recipient's address will be used for any other purpose.

Sorry, there was a problem emailing this post. Please try again.

Submit Email Cancel

Thank you. Sent email to

Close

Thank you. Sent email to

Close

You are reporting the following post: Post Subject

If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

Offensive: Sexually explicit or offensive language

Spam: Advertisements or commercial links

Disruptive posting: Flaming or offending other users

Illegal activities: Promote cracked software, or other illegal content

Sorry, there was a problem submitting your post. Please try again.

Submit Report Cancel

Your message has been submitted and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.

Close

Your message has been submitted and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.

Close

You are posting a reply to: Post Subject

The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to the CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to CBS Interactive Site Terms of Use.

You are currently tracking this discussion. Click here to manage your tracked discussions.

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

Sorry, there was a problem submitting your post. Please try again.

Sorry, there was a problem generating the preview. Please try again.

Duplicate posts are not allowed in the forums. Please edit your post and submit again.

Submit Reply Preview Cancel

Thank you, , your post has been submitted and will appear on our site shortly.

Close