C6500T Bluray glitches
by jbohn - 4/16/11 11:03 AM
I've had my Samsung C6500T bluray player since December and find quite a number of occasional glitches. My brother has the exact same model and experiences the same things too.
- occasional audio and video stuttering in bluray discs. Specifically we noticed problems with Inception.
- occasional freezing on black screen when bluray disc is inserted
- random unresponsiveness if you pause a bluray disc and leave it for an extended period of time. This could be related to the remote.
- random unresponsiveness from the remote - for instance, when changing the Source on the TV, I notice quite regularly if I press the Source button nothing happens on the TV. If I press it over and over, eventually the TV responds.
- audio stuttering playing DVDs. I'm currently watching Lost Season 6 on DVD and it happens regularly, in fact at every "commercial break" in the show.
- more often than not when inserting a DVD, the player freezes on the FBI WARNING screen or the text screen that says "The following interviews are opinions of..." and the only way to get out of it is the go back to the Bluray menu or eject the disc and re-insert it.
I'll give you an example of what happened last night... we were watching Narnia 3 and had to pause it. We came back to it 15 minutes later, hit play on the remote and nothing happened. We pressed it over and over... nothing. We hit the Next button and it skipped ahead and started playing, but we missed some of the movie, so we starting rewinding, but when we got to where we needed to stop the rewinding and play, the play button did nothing and it kept rewinding. Pressing the Play button over and over did nothing until about 10 seconds later and it finally played, but we had rewound too far