Request: New LED TV, save audio language (possible? how?)
by jintxo - 1/29/11 11:48 AM
Hello there, I hope somebody from Samsung is listening
I have recently bought a UE32C6530. Very nice TV and I am essentially happy with it BUT there is one small problem that is a BIG nuisance.
Audio Language selection (shown when pressing "Tools" on the remote)is not saved when changing channels. Allow me to ilustrate with an example:
- Here in Spain we have DVB channels broadcast over the air
- Most of the time, movies are dubbed and you can change the audio to the original language. On this TV using "Tools" button on the remote and then changing "Language Selection" from that menu.
- When watching a movie I always switch to the original language.
- Then I change to another channel, during commercial brake, for example.
- When I change back to the movie, the Audio Language setting is reset to the default so I have to go through the Tools menu every time I change channels.
No, setting the preferred audio language does not help, since the names of the original languaes are not "English" or "French" which is what the TV expects but "Undefined" or "V.O." or "Alternate" so the TV is not prepared to switch to those automatically.
Many thanks for any help anybody can offer with this.