I've got 4 DLNA servers to use, including a Twonky deployed on a QNAP
NAS, serviio, windows 7 and samsung. Its not the server unfortunately.
Samsung DLNA server is generally fine, though yes its rubbish in capability.
I thought hardware also, however its been back to Samsung and they've had their chance to fix the hardware with plenty of instruction. They sent it back with scratches all over the bluray, disk now jams in the bluray drive and the TV was untouched other than to install yet another firmware upgrade, which I specifically asked them not to unless they were certain it would fix some of the issues.
Each firmware update has made matters worse. Current fault list includes
1. DLNA quality issues, including decoding, intermittent audio lag, sound pops, etc
2. Timeshift garbles, no longer supports devices formatted with with first firmware so basically after trying a dozen different HDD's and memory cards nothing will work for recording.
3. Ripple effect around moving scenes. This seems to effect the built in tuner particularly. This is aweful and makes the TV unwatchable.
4. Anynet still dead, won't active amp on power up
5. Audio lag when using external tuners or DNLA on bluray instead of DLNA on tv.
There are several other issues, will exclude for now.
Anyone from Samsung is welcome to talk to me about this.
I would classify items 1, 2, and possibly 4 to be purely firmware problems (hence posting to this thread) and items 3 and possibly part of 4 to be manufacturing problems which "SHOULD" have been addressed by a repair.
Item 5 is new after repair. Note item 3 got MUCH worse after it was returned. Happening on basically all motion scenes where there is a strong contrast of color. Before it was happening on specific scenes, maybe 5 times per hour depending on the type of program and the transmission mode (1080i most effected).
MKV is probably the least impacted, I think 1 to 1 (1080p to 1080p) might be easier for it to deal with than other formats.
Was this reply helpful? (0) (0)
Note: Due to the depth of this discussion thread, no additional replies can be accepted for this post. If you have comments to make, please reply to the original post at the beginning of this thread.