Samsung forum: Samsung DLP Will Not Turn On, Please Help.....

by: gudziel1482 September 29, 2010 10:24 AM PDT

Like this

0 people like this thread

Staff pick

Samsung DLP Will Not Turn On, Please Help.....

by gudziel1482 - 9/29/10 10:24 AM

Model#: HL-T4675Sx Age:3+yrs

Lamp #1:
Three years after owning the TV, the TV would not turn on. Noticed the three blinking front light cycle, and read that the problem was most likely a lamp replacement issue from the Tech Manual. I replaced the lamp and all worked fine for a little over a month, then the same issue happened.

Lamp #2:
Replaced the first replacement, and the TV would not turn on. By this time I began to hear a slight whirling, but not "grinding" or high-pitched by any means, noise coming from the rear. You can really only hear a whirling when your head is behind the TV. Also, the TV would immediately begin it's power up cycle upon plugging in the TV. I had to keep the TV unplugged for fear it would try to turn itself on. The lamp does not fire up.

Balast:
Replaced the balast. Same issue. Same small whirling sound. Removed the lamp housing and seen the color wheel is spinning, which is what I linked the whirling noise to. It is not the fans as I removed the back cover and placed my ear next to the back. When I got close initially, my hand brushed the large, rear fan and that had appeared to turn the TV off. Unsure whether or not that was during it's "Powering Up Cycle" or not, so unsure whether it was to blame. But now I can plug in the TV and it will not try to power up until I manually turn it on. Still makes whirling noise.

Color Wheel:
Received a new Color Wheel with housing. I seperated the old color wheel (which had NO apparent wear or tear at all) from the original housing and swapped it with the new color wheel. Plugged it back in and turned on. Same whirling sound and still, absolutely no picture, no lamp power, do receive a click from the balast, and the color wheel does begin to spin.

I am lost right now. I have no idea what next. The only two items I can think of is either: 1. color wheel housing or 2. DMB. I do not want to be spending $250-300 for this board. Is there any way that the color wheel housing could be the reason why the color wheel is making this whirling noise.

"Whirling" - the spinning sounds like it is spinning quickly, but the pitch goes from a very low to a low high tone. Meaning when I hear it, the noise sounds like the disc is spinning off-center or unevenly. Does that make sense?

Can someone please, please help me. I've pumped a decent amount of money into this TV already, and am coming up with nothing.

Thank you for anyone who can help me out!

-G

Forum Icon Legend

• UnreadUnread
  • ReadRead
  • Locked threadLocked thread
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  • ModeratorModerator
  • CNET StaffCNET Staff
  • Samsung StaffSamsung Staff
  • Norton Authorized Support TeamNorton Authorized Support Team
  • AVG StaffAVG Staff
  • avast! Staffavast! Staff
  • Webroot Support TeamWebroot Support Team
  • Acer Customer Experience TeamAcer Customer Experience Team
  • Windows Outreach TeamWindows Outreach Team
  • DISH staffDISH staff
  • Dell StaffDell Staff
  • Intel StaffIntel Staff
  • QuestionQuestion
  • Resolved questionResolved question
  • General discussionGeneral discussion
  • TipTip
  • Alert or warningAlert or warning
  • PraisePraise
  • RantRant

You are e-mailing the following post: Post Subject

Your e-mail address is used only to let the recipient know who sent the e-mail and in case of transmission error. Neither your address nor the recipient's address will be used for any other purpose.

Sorry, there was a problem emailing this post. Please try again.

Submit Email Cancel

Thank you. Sent email to

Close

Thank you. Sent email to

Close

You are reporting the following post: Post Subject

If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

Offensive: Sexually explicit or offensive language

Spam: Advertisements or commercial links

Disruptive posting: Flaming or offending other users

Illegal activities: Promote cracked software, or other illegal content

Sorry, there was a problem submitting your post. Please try again.

Submit Report Cancel

Your message has been submitted and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.

Close

Your message has been submitted and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.

Close

You are posting a reply to: Post Subject

The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to the CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to CBS Interactive Site Terms of Use.

You are currently tracking this discussion. Click here to manage your tracked discussions.

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

Sorry, there was a problem submitting your post. Please try again.

Sorry, there was a problem generating the preview. Please try again.

Duplicate posts are not allowed in the forums. Please edit your post and submit again.

Submit Reply Preview Cancel

Thank you, , your post has been submitted and will appear on our site shortly.

Close