Samsung forum: Mac Streaming on Blu-Ray Players: HOW-TO

by: Samsung_HD_Tech December 4, 2009 5:22 PM PST

Like this

0 people like this thread

Staff pick

Mac Streaming on Blu-Ray Players: HOW-TO

by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff - 12/4/09 5:22 PM

Forum Members,

Since our Blu-Ray player lineup doesn't officially support the Mac platform, I'm usually not able to help with support issues that arise. However, one of our forum members, tigger000005 has found a solution.

This really is what the forum is about - helping each other out, so thanks for the tips and I hope this can help some of our forum users.

--HDTech

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
by tigger000005 - 11/28/09 3:04 PM In reply to: Mac streaming by tigger000005

Here ...step by step...verified by others (on another forum)
..Admin/Samsung tech...maybe make this a sticky ??

For those having problems getting the Player to see shared files from your Macintosh wirelessly, this works.....

(Note: Updated 1/04/09)

Here you are...tiger and leopard instructions...I also posted on my site (http://www.tigger5.com/Pages/_SubSectionPages/BDP3600.html) with links to snapshots for those that are (like me) visual... (If you visit the site with internet explorer...it probably won't look good/work properly....)

Unless indicated, steps are the same for ALL Mac OS'es starting from 10.4 (Tiger).

Equipment used to test....
Samsung BD-P3600, S/W: BEv2.05_091015_XAC, Loader: LDv1.12_090924__, Region: A/1 (BD/DVD)
iMac PPC 2 Ghz, OS 10.5.8
iMac PPC 500 Mhz OS 10.4.11
D-Link DIR615, Wireless Security set to "WPA-Personal", Mode: Auto (WPA or WPA2), Cypher Type: TKIP and AES

Macintosh Part-----
1- In System Preferences>>Network>>YOUR ACTIVE CONNECTION>>Advanced>>Appletalk, place a check on "Make Appletalk Active", click "OK" then "Apply".
2- Make sure your network settings are correct...simplest way is after setting them..test...then test if your mac is seen....if all is ok, just to be sure shut down the samsung.
3- On the Mac, open System Preferences >> Sharing.
4- Place a check on "Filesharing" from the list on the left.
5-
***Leopard (10.5.x -May also work with Snow Leopard -10.6.x)
Add "Shared Folders" to the Shared folders list *** I have multiple HD's, so I just added the HD(s) I wanted to the list.

***Tiger (10.4.x)
Place a check on "Windows Sharing" AND "Remote Login".

6- AND THIS IS THE MISSING LINK....
Click on "Options" under the Users list and SELECT "Share files and folders using AFP" and "Share files and folders using SMB" and PUT A CHECK on "on" next to your account.

***Tiger (10.4.x)
Make sure "Windows Sharing" is highlighted and click the "Accounts" button. Place a "Check" on your account, then click "Done".

You can close all open windows on the Macintosh.

Samsung Part------
7- Turn on the Samsung AND WAIT a few seconds (so that a wireless connection is established).
8- Press the left arrow until you see the RED A at the bottom of the screen to Perform a Network Search.
9- Press the RED A on your remote and then select MANUAL.
10- Enter the i.p. of the Mac, then press the BLUE button on the remote.
11-
Enter the name of the shared folder (EXAMPLE: One of my HD's is named 500 Gig (1) so this is what I put EXACTLY as is..spaces, caps etc), then press the BLUE button on the remote.

***Tiger (10.4.x)
Enter the short name of the currently active Macintosh account HOME FOLDER exactly as shown.
IF you are unsure of its name, go to YOUR MAIN HARD DRIVE >> USERS and look at the name of the folder that looks like a house.

12- Enter your user name used on the Mac...if you are not 100% sure on how it's typed, open system preferences>>accounts and find it there, and press the BLUE button on the remote.
13- Enter your Macs account password exactly as you would on your mac, then press the BLUE button on the remote.

Message was edited by forum admin, to update the instructions with a cleaner and revised version, from member, tigger000005.

Forum Icon Legend

• UnreadUnread
  • ReadRead
  • Locked threadLocked thread
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  • ModeratorModerator
  • CNET StaffCNET Staff
  • Samsung StaffSamsung Staff
  • Norton Authorized Support TeamNorton Authorized Support Team
  • AVG StaffAVG Staff
  • avast! Staffavast! Staff
  • Webroot Support TeamWebroot Support Team
  • Acer Customer Experience TeamAcer Customer Experience Team
  • Windows Outreach TeamWindows Outreach Team
  • DISH staffDISH staff
  • Dell StaffDell Staff
  • Intel StaffIntel Staff
  • QuestionQuestion
  • Resolved questionResolved question
  • General discussionGeneral discussion
  • TipTip
  • Alert or warningAlert or warning
  • PraisePraise
  • RantRant

You are e-mailing the following post: Post Subject

Your e-mail address is used only to let the recipient know who sent the e-mail and in case of transmission error. Neither your address nor the recipient's address will be used for any other purpose.

Sorry, there was a problem emailing this post. Please try again.

Submit Email Cancel

Thank you. Sent email to

Close

Thank you. Sent email to

Close

You are reporting the following post: Post Subject

If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

Offensive: Sexually explicit or offensive language

Spam: Advertisements or commercial links

Disruptive posting: Flaming or offending other users

Illegal activities: Promote cracked software, or other illegal content

Sorry, there was a problem submitting your post. Please try again.

Submit Report Cancel

Your message has been submitted and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.

Close

Your message has been submitted and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.

Close

You are posting a reply to: Post Subject

The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to the CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to CBS Interactive Site Terms of Use.

You are currently tracking this discussion. Click here to manage your tracked discussions.

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

Sorry, there was a problem submitting your post. Please try again.

Sorry, there was a problem generating the preview. Please try again.

Duplicate posts are not allowed in the forums. Please edit your post and submit again.

Submit Reply Preview Cancel

Thank you, , your post has been submitted and will appear on our site shortly.

Close