Samsung replaced my Digital Board
by klchan88 - 10/4/11 8:39 AM
In Reply to: Filed ADR by klchan88
2 weeks ago, a Samsung TV tech came and diagnosed and confirmed that my digital board was defective. He left and the diagnosis was sent back to Samsung.
Last week I contacted the lady at Samsung again. Yesterday they sent the same Tech and replaced my digital board free of charge. The digital board seems like new, it came in a well packaged box and I think Samsung mailed the package to the local Samsung Tech. The board was enclosed and shielded in the metal shielding case.
He had to go into the service menu and flipped the screen back. It was flipped upside down. Everything was in working order again. I did not have to pay for the repair labor and parts.
To summarize the entire ordeal:
1. I bought my TV in 2006 for $1800. It was defective 2.5 years later, 6 months after my extended warranty expired.
2. I used my
computer with a TV tuner and input to the VGA input of the TV. The HDMI input did not work. This method lasted
about a year, and the digital board completely failed - constant black screen, reboots and shutdown.
3. Dec 2010, I filed an AG complaint, and Samsung offered to pay me ~$80 (subtract 20% off each year I owned the TV) and take my TV away. I dd not accept the offer.
4. I bought a used digital board after Samsung refused to acknowledge the issue. I confirmed that the digital board was an issue since the used board that I bought worked on my TV.
5. I filed an arbitration with ADR sometime in April 2011.
6. I got another call from Samsung in Sept 2011, and they offered to send a Samsung Tech to come diagnose the TV. If it was the digital board, they would repair and replace free of charge. If it was not the digital board, I could decide to repair at my cost or not repair at all.
7. Oct 2011, the Samsung Tech came and replaced with a new digital board. I was not sure if it was refurbished or new, the board was shipped from Samsung and it came with the metal shielding. The Tech took the defective board back. The Samsung Tech was very nice, and he told me to contact him if there is any issues with the board within 90 days.
Good luck to everyone.
Was this reply helpful? (0) (0)