by rlopin - 6/28/10 9:43 PM
In Reply to: Connected TV Widgets by dcanora
Samsung widgets are awesome. Our family loves the Amazon Video On Demand, Blockbuster and YouTube widgets especially. Here are my top widget requests:
- Widgets that take advantage of my huge 57" TV screen! Seems so silly to scroll through 6 pages of video thumbnails when the right 3/4 of my TV screen real estate is completely unused.
- Search videos across widgets that offer movie rentals. It's crazy that I have to first search Blockbuster, then Amazon, then go to my laptop (attached to HDMI on TV) and search NetFlix. By the time I find a movie the kids have all lost their patience and gone upstairs to the cablebox connected TV. Perhaps Google will provide a widget to provide this functionality (although it would compete with their recently announced GoogleTV, so maybe not)
- Search/Filter Movies by MPAA and TV ratings, not just genre. The kids/family category for example is too babyish for my kids. Why can't I just say show me all sci-fi movies rated PG or PG-13?
- Put a keyboard on the back of the remote so I don't have to go through the painful on-screen keyboard. Or just add bluetooth so I can use my own bluetooth keyboard.
- WiFi support -- because not everyone has an Ethernet jack near their TV
- A NetFlix widget (get a licensing deal closed!)
- A Hulu Widget
Keep innovating Samsung. Widgets are starting to eliminate the need for connecting a laptop to the TV (but not quite yet).
Was this reply helpful? (0) (0)