iPhones, iPods, and iPads forum: iPod Touch 4th gen - refuses to restore

by: grimgraphix December 16, 2012 12:40 AM PST

Like this

0 people like this thread

Staff pick

iPod Touch 4th gen - refuses to restore

by grimgraphix - 12/16/12 12:40 AM

First problem occurred - 12-14-12
Tried syncing and updating apps on iPod Touch... I got this message...

Some of the apps in your iTunes library were not installed on the ipod touch because one or more errors occurred.

The dialogue window reported 7 total warnings. Each said...

The app "(app name)" was not installed on the iPod "touch" because an unknown error occurred (0xE800002D)

I deleted the apps from the iPod and synced the iPod without problem as one forum suggested.

More problems occurred - 12-15-12

I tried syncing the ipod again.

iTunes cannot sync apps to the iPod "touch" because the apps installed on the iPod could not be determined.

I deleted the apps that failed to sync from the iPod. I then backed up the iPod. After it backed up without problem I tried to restore the iPod to factory condition. I again received the message

The iPod "touch" could not be restored. Could not send a message to the device.

A suggested possible solution is update iTunes to latest version so I did...

iTunes was updated to the new iTunes 11. When I attempt to restore iPod touch I again get the message...

I tried resetting PRAM as suggested in an apple discussion. I also removed all other USB devices before resetting PRAM. When I attempt to restore iPod touch later on, I again get the message...

more of the same problems occurred tonight - 12-16-12

I bought a new 30 pin cable as suggested in one apple discussion. When I tried restoring the iPod I got the message...

I have been searching the apple forums for several days, but they only offer bits and pieces of solutions (which I have tried). I can't find a specific fix for this issue. Has anyone experienced this before? What did you do when you can't initialize/restore an iPod??? Is the answer to manually put the iPod in recovery mode and then restore? (this is something I have yet to try)

Could this be a hardware issue? (this is a gently treated, 1 year old device, but it is used everyday)

I'm running 10.6.8 on a mid 2010 macbook pro with 4 gigs of RAM. I plan on upgrading the OS soon, but first want to get peripheral issues taken care of first.

iPod Touch is 4th gen with ios 6.1

Thanks all

Forum Icon Legend

• UnreadUnread
  • ReadRead
  • Locked threadLocked thread
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  • ModeratorModerator
  • CNET StaffCNET Staff
  • Samsung StaffSamsung Staff
  • Norton Authorized Support TeamNorton Authorized Support Team
  • AVG StaffAVG Staff
  • avast! Staffavast! Staff
  • Webroot Support TeamWebroot Support Team
  • Acer Customer Experience TeamAcer Customer Experience Team
  • Windows Outreach TeamWindows Outreach Team
  • DISH staffDISH staff
  • Dell StaffDell Staff
  • Intel StaffIntel Staff
  • QuestionQuestion
  • Resolved questionResolved question
  • General discussionGeneral discussion
  • TipTip
  • Alert or warningAlert or warning
  • PraisePraise
  • RantRant

You are e-mailing the following post: Post Subject

Your e-mail address is used only to let the recipient know who sent the e-mail and in case of transmission error. Neither your address nor the recipient's address will be used for any other purpose.

Sorry, there was a problem emailing this post. Please try again.

Submit Email Cancel

Thank you. Sent email to

Close

Thank you. Sent email to

Close

You are reporting the following post: Post Subject

If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

Offensive: Sexually explicit or offensive language

Spam: Advertisements or commercial links

Disruptive posting: Flaming or offending other users

Illegal activities: Promote cracked software, or other illegal content

Sorry, there was a problem submitting your post. Please try again.

Submit Report Cancel

Your message has been submitted and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.

Close

Your message has been submitted and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.

Close

You are posting a reply to: Post Subject

The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to the CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to CBS Interactive Site Terms of Use.

You are currently tracking this discussion. Click here to manage your tracked discussions.

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

Sorry, there was a problem submitting your post. Please try again.

Sorry, there was a problem generating the preview. Please try again.

Duplicate posts are not allowed in the forums. Please edit your post and submit again.

Submit Reply Preview Cancel

Thank you, , your post has been submitted and will appear on our site shortly.

Close