Answer Best answer as chosen by user Bennyjay
T-mobile Blackberry unlocking
If you want to use your Blackberry with other networks, it can be done by unlocking your Blackberry from it's network.
Well, it's pretty simple actually... if you have the IMEI code you can buy online a MEP code that will unlock your Blackberry - you will need to insert a SIM card into the Blackberry while unlocking it.
Just get a code to unlock your Blackberry and unlock it once, then the network lock will be removed and you will be able to use your Blackberry cell phone with any GSM network carrier by inserting a SIM card to your Blackberry.
You can use any SIM card while unlocking it, of any carrier... even an inactive one.
After you get some sim card for the unlocking and after you have the unlock code to unlock your Blackberry Pearl (you can buy it online).
use those instructions:
Instructions to Unlock BlackBerry 8100
1. First of All, insert a SIM card in your BlackBerry 8100
2. Then Make sure all the connections (WIFI and Radio) are off:
(Go to "Manage Connections" > "Turn All Connections Off")
3. Go to the "Options" Menu (somtimes "Settings" > "Options")
and Select the "Advanced Options"
4. From the "Advanced Options" Menu Find and Select "SIM Card" and click on it.
5. in the SIM Card screen type "MEPPD"
(Notice that it will not show what you are typing)
6. Then Type "MEPP2" (for Telus network phones type "MEPP4") but hold
the "ALT" key for the number like that: MEPP(hold ALT)2. (notice that what you are typing will not show on screen)
7. On the next screen Type the Unlocking code for your BlackBerry 8100 and Press "Enter". if you can't see the code when you type it repeat steps 5-6.
8. You will see some message like "Code Accepted", if you get error
message try to use other code(s) the same way.
9. Now, Restart your BlackBerry 8100, Turn on the connections back
("Manage Connections" > "Restore Connections") - BlackBerry 8100 is Unlocked
Was this reply helpful? (1) (0)