Buzz Out Loud Lounge forum: After years of listening I must say goodbye

by: tashman February 3, 2010 5:09 PM PST

Like this

0 people like this thread

Staff pick

After years of listening I must say goodbye

by tashman - 2/3/10 5:09 PM

I wanted to voice my opinion and let the buzz crew know that I am no longer going to be listening to the show. I've been a listener for 2 maybe 3 years. Over those years I've listened to the show get less relavent and less useful for me.

It is hard to pinpoint when it started to go downhill but lately the topics you choose to cover and the amount of time that is wasted on covering those topics is just become to much for me to stand. Along with that It seems like the hosts and I like most of them don't seem prepared or while talking about a given subject seem to say things that are completely inaccurate, these go uncorrected in later shows leaving me to believe that either nobody cares or nobody actually finds out that wrong information has been given out.

It isn't entirely your guys fault, I work in IT and by that very nature I'm knowledgable and maybe more informed than your average computer user. I have become more and more upset with the mainstream computing envirnoments using technology to lock people in to devices, systems, etc. You name it big companies are now using technology to entrap and dumb down otherwise smart and intelligent people. I've become more and more interested in companies, individuals and hardware/software that doesn't entrap, doesn't force me into a given way of thinking. In short when I purchase something I own it I'm not renting it and I don't feel the need to have the company I purchased it from continue to be involved in my life, or the use of the device I have purchased. This has led me to one OS, Linux and one way of thinking Open Source. I'm not going to rant on about how great my choice is, I don't think anyone would care. It works for me and that
is my whole point, it works for me. Unfortuntely this choice has made your show and shows like yours unimportant to my continuing knowledge and general enjoyment. I wish the show well and maybe sometime in the future you will cover the things I have come to enjoy and use.

Just incase anyone is interested I use the following devices in my daily life.

MythTV - DVR

N900 - My everything device.

Tosibia NB205 - My coffee table netbook. I use this 95% of the time when at home.

OpenSuse 11.x Home Computer - This is my Home server and Home desktop, I normally am remoted into this box from any of my other devices, for a few things I actually sit down at it.

tim

Forum Icon Legend

• UnreadUnread
  • ReadRead
  • Locked threadLocked thread
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  •   
  • ModeratorModerator
  • CNET StaffCNET Staff
  • Samsung StaffSamsung Staff
  • Norton Authorized Support TeamNorton Authorized Support Team
  • AVG StaffAVG Staff
  • avast! Staffavast! Staff
  • Webroot Support TeamWebroot Support Team
  • Acer Customer Experience TeamAcer Customer Experience Team
  • Windows Outreach TeamWindows Outreach Team
  • DISH staffDISH staff
  • Dell StaffDell Staff
  • Intel StaffIntel Staff
  • QuestionQuestion
  • Resolved questionResolved question
  • General discussionGeneral discussion
  • TipTip
  • Alert or warningAlert or warning
  • PraisePraise
  • RantRant

You are e-mailing the following post: Post Subject

Your e-mail address is used only to let the recipient know who sent the e-mail and in case of transmission error. Neither your address nor the recipient's address will be used for any other purpose.

Sorry, there was a problem emailing this post. Please try again.

Submit Email Cancel

Thank you. Sent email to

Close

Thank you. Sent email to

Close

You are reporting the following post: Post Subject

If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

Offensive: Sexually explicit or offensive language

Spam: Advertisements or commercial links

Disruptive posting: Flaming or offending other users

Illegal activities: Promote cracked software, or other illegal content

Sorry, there was a problem submitting your post. Please try again.

Submit Report Cancel

Your message has been submitted and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.

Close

Your message has been submitted and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.

Close

You are posting a reply to: Post Subject

The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to the CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to CBS Interactive Site Terms of Use.

You are currently tracking this discussion. Click here to manage your tracked discussions.

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

Sorry, there was a problem submitting your post. Please try again.

Sorry, there was a problem generating the preview. Please try again.

Duplicate posts are not allowed in the forums. Please edit your post and submit again.

Submit Reply Preview Cancel

Thank you, , your post has been submitted and will appear on our site shortly.

Close