Uverse customer service nightmare still going 1 month later
1. A couple years ago I saw a Uverse demo on line and signed up to be contacted when it was made available in my area.
2. A few weeks ago they contacted me to tell me it was available and quoted me a price WAY to high.
3. Shortly after that I saw a table in walmart set up for Time Warner because they had a sale where I could get the Cable, phone and internet for just a little more than I was paying now for DSL and Phone. So we took that reps name and number and
4. While we were thinking about this offer, a Uverse sales rep came to the door. Id told him that Id gotten the call from Uverse and it just cost too much, but he assured me that he could give me a better deal so I let him in my home to talk with us.
5. He matched the cable offer and beat it by offering a gift card, which started out for 200 and somehow became 100, but I was ok with that.
6. However, when I talked to the call center rep he told me completely different details of the plan I was getting than the rep in my kitchen was saying.
7. I was skeptical anyway, so I questioned the call center rep some more, and the sales rep became irate. He stood up in my kitchen and began to rant and rave about how the call center rep was lying to me, and that he was quitting. It was very uncomfortable.
8. He yelled at the call center rep, and apparently he called his supervisor and yelled at her too. Then hung up on her.
9. You know, he did this in front of my kids! Like I told his supervisor later, Im just glad my husband was home, cause that could have been really scary.
10. Anyhow, There was a trainee with him who was in my living room, - The sales rep was still pacing and ranting in my Kitchen - and somehow he the trainee either called or was called by his supervisor who was concerned about what was going on in our home. She heard much of this ranting over the trainees cell phone from my living room!
11. She contacted me several times and came over and honored most of his original offer working the order through the quote back office . She had cut me a deal to try to make up for the really bad behavior of her employee. I was satisfied with this resolution, because I really wanted to try this service.
12. So we set up a time for installation.
13. In the meantime we decided since we were going to get television service it might be a good idea to get a television that worked Our tv was an old projection tv and the color was very dark and all red, and you could barely see the picture. So
14. we spent our tax return on a new tv , and because you cant find a normal tv anymore, it was one of those flat screen tvs and we dont have a wall to hang it on we had to get a table for it, and we got a DVD recorder. We never needed these things before because we didnt have television service. The kids just watched videos. Honestly most of the time we watched Hulu online instead. So 1500 dollars later after the tv, table, DVD-recorder DVDs, and a service plan - we have a really nice tv system, waiting for our really cool TV service,
15. We give away the other tv.
16. Now, the installer comes out and says that he has an issue and they need to send a line tech out to drop a new line. He puts in the order and RECONNECTS the DSL service. So far so good, but we never hear back from him, or from anyone else.
17. The next day however our DSL service is disconnected. This is like a nightmare for our family! Not only does my husband work several hobbies in which he requires Internet. But it is vital for me. I am on several consumer panels, mystery shopping, product testing and reviews and so on, to bring in a little extra money. I require the internet for these things. I also have a website that I am building and maintaining where I sell my curriculum products. I also use the internet for my childrens school!
18. I call the DSL people who say they can send a tech out in the morning to fix our service. I was irate, because I am the most productive online over the weekends and in the evenings as I prepare for our next school day. But I let it go and scheduled a repair visit first thing in the morning. It didnt appear that I had a choice.
19. Later that day, I thought I should probably call the Uverse people, because it might have something to do with our installation, so I called them and this is where it got bad. (This is on Friday)
20. I talked to several different people and got several different stories, that went something like this
a. There is a technical problem with the line, we must send out an engineer on Monday
b. Then You cant get Uverse What! You put me through all this hell and I cannot even get the service! Well someone should have called you! Let me transfer you to someone who can help you
c. Level 2 tech then says, - no, no, you can get the service, but somehow your order has been canceled! You will have to go back through the sales department and reorder your service! Well obviously I cant do that because I had this special deal that made it affordable to me, So at this point I called the original reps supervisor and told her what was going on, while I was on the phone with the tech guy. (Who was very gracious and apologetic)
d. She said that an order cannot be canceled except by the customer and that never should have happened.
e. She took a number for dispatch and then called them and called me back and this went on for what was likely hours.
f. I was told that the new line had been dropped and that was what disconnected the service,
g. I was told that the line was ready for Uverse, but there was a miscommunication between the line people and the Uverse technician.
h. I was told that they would send out someone to hook up the DSL in the morning, and then they would get the engineer on the Uverse problem Monday.
i. Finally I was told that it was good to go, and they would send out a Uverse tech in the morning to hook up Uverse, and all would be well. I inquired about the DSL tech coming out in the morning, and it was recommended that I cancel that service call.
j. So I call and cancel.
21. Next morning I get a call sorry we are wrong, and there is a big problem with Uverse. We will send someone out to hook up your DSL. OK
22. Uverse guy comes out and says Your line is still active it looks like it has been disconnected through the main office RIGHT HERE This should have been fixed!
23. I call C again, (Sales rep supervisor) She makes a phone call and calls me back and tells me that as per disclosure when Uverse is turned on the DSL in disconnected. (DUH) However, our Uverse was unable to be hooked up, so it was a miscommunication, and someone didnt let someone else know what was going on.. Yada Yada Yada
24. OK fine. Now get a call from D, (the big boss guy in sales from what I understand) He tells me that my DSL will be down all weekend, because they cant get a technician out there.. A DSL technician
25. (REMEMBER I had a service call scheduled and canceled it as per the previous recommendation!)
26. Now I am getting so far behind on everything! I put our churchs sermons online each week, and guess what! Im late doing that too!
27. On top of that he tells me that Monday they will have someone from engineering look at the lines, but it is probable that I will not even be able to get the service at all,
28. So over the past two weeks they had wasted hours upon hours of my time, Cost me money because I could not get online for three of my most productive days. Put my kid behind in school because he couldnt get online to get his school work, Drug this out so long that I cannot get the great deal with Time Warner now, and that means that I wasted our tax return on a TV that I didnt need, because I dont have television service I can afford. And I cant very well take it back because I promised the other TV away. This venture has cost us thousands. It cost me hours of time. I was so stressed Saturday that my blood pressure went through the roof, and I got a bad headache and had to lie down for several hours.
29. By trying to do business with this company I got nothing (well, except a headache). I didnt get service. I dont get the visa gift card they promised to help cover some of the expense because they cant install Uverse I cant even get the deal I was promised to appease me when their sales rep went berserk in my kitchen! Instead I lost time, money, and my DSL, and put me behind in all of my responsibilities including the top priority my childrens education!
30. I have never been so disgusted with a company in all my life and I told this list of details to a high up person who is supposed to deal with customer relations, after another round of phone calls to D and C
31. M told me that she would get someone out, and someone came out Monday evening. After no internet all weekend and Monday day.
32. DSL guy comes out and has it fixed before he even got to my house. He said that it wasnt a technical problem, rather it was DISCONNECTED AT THE OFFICE!
33. I waited this entire time for my DSL to be turned on for NOTHING!
34. M kindly offered me 6 months free DSL, ($150 value) For my loss of service. She stated that this was just to resolve the DSL concern, and she would get back with me to let me know about the Uverse situation.
35. She called me twice once that day, and again the next day to tell me she didnt know anything yet.
36. I did miss one of her calls, the last call! It was February 23rd at 5:12 pm. I tried to return that call later that night and the next day. I left messages apologizing for not being home, and requesting a return phone call.
37. I didnt realize that I had to stay home 24 hours a day until the situation was completely resolved because she would not return my calls at all.
38. As of March 2nd I again left a message for M, and called D again too. I got a phone call back from some peon who worked for M, who I had never spoken to, and who knew nothing about what was going on. I asked him, what they were going to do about the distress, and chaos they put our family through for the past month, and he mentioned the credit for the DSL service.
39. I explained that that was given specifically for the ridiculous circumstance dealing with the DSL.
40. I also told him that I would greatly appreciate a call back tonight from M to resolve this issue. I want them to do something to make it right!
41. I did not get a phone call.
42. The end of the next week, and still no phone call!
43. Contacted my attorney, He is sending letter, waiting for response!
And the saga continues