by buzzzzzfan - 1/3/07 5:14 PM
I use to get little shocks in my ears from my earbuds when I used my cassette or CD player. It always happened in the cold weather when I was wearing microfleece outerwear. Apparently, as I was walking, the earbud wire was moving back and forth over the material which produced static electricity. I used fabric softener in the dryer AND a few times each week I rubbed the material and the wire with a fabric softener sheet before I put the device in my pocket and the earbuds in my ears. That eliminated the problem with those devices and my Zen Micro MP3 player. J.K.