I was shocked by my ipod - and now the thing has shorted out
by liquidchaz - 2/5/07 10:40 PM
In Reply to: crap by abdmal
I have a 3rd generation ipod (one of the first 20gigs with click wheels) and I use the in-ear headphones. The headphones were bought last June, and the ipod almost 2 years ago. I had been getting a light static shock in the right ear for the last month or two... and honestly, the first couple of times I thought I was going crazy. Then, finally... I received a shock yesterday and the iPod suddenly died. This leaves me to believe that the static shock somehow shorted out my iPod.
This sounds like a serious defect to me. If I spend another $300 how do i know the cable running up against my fleece or wool jacket is not going to short it out again?
Was this reply helpful? (0) (0)