Saga of a Sidekick or a T-Mobile Rant

by JesseThe - 5/9/06 3:23 PM

Sigh, where do I start, I ordered a Sidekick II from T-Mobile UK over a week ago, finally got it today, after that long delay due to them not being able to cope with all the orders they recived...

So I pop in on charge this morning to be greeted by a error message, no Network GRPS detected, Had to rush out the door to work, so had to leave it with the Trying to Activate Screen, Got home 3:30pm and called Customer Care via 150 on the Sidekick, that being all it would dial other than 999, after the good ol press 1,2,3 or 999999934... I got cut off with the automated voice the other end saying their call volumes were too high and try again later... a Second attempt at press 3 for blah blah blah... worked and I got through too well loud in a cue music...

Finally got hold of someone.. Yay.. uh.. much confusion at what a Sidekick is... Something missing on my account, ie the damn dataplan... do'h

They sort that out, oh turn it off, ok, now turn it on, (nothing) ok turn it off again... this went on forever... more loud on hold music follows... Can we call you back on another number? ok...

finally got passed to Tech Support (Oh Joy!) who know even less about what a Sidekick is than the Operator.. uh we don't have any info on that phone... its Sharp right?

So I try and explain what kind of phone it is and yes its built by Sharp, but its Basically T-Mobile's and Dangers Baby... Shall we try some other phone settings for Sharp? they ask... they are not exactly right but we can see if they work... *cough* Uh No and my Phones locked out of the network and can't be operated...

More Thilling on hold music, then 4 more on and off attempts later and finally with more distorted on hold music fading into the background I have a working Sidekick...

Now how about adding some apps and ringtones to the catalog eh? sigh... I Say What? I say What's the big idea??

*Calmly steps down from soapbox and wipes brow*