by jhracing - 12/15/05 10:45 AM
In Reply to: comcast? by LiK
I have a Scientific Atlanta 8000HD cable box/DVR from Time Warner. It does have two tuners, which is nice, but:
1. If you start to watch a show that it's currently recording, it starts you in real time, not at the beginning of the show. Wonderful for sports.
2. If you're watching a show while the recording ends, it immediately skips forward to real time to show you live TV. Again, real nice for sports where post-game shows (WHICH SHOW THE SCORE!!!) often follow games.
3. If it runs out of disk space, it doesn't tell you, it simply doesn't record any more shows.
4. There's no warning when recorded shows are about to be deleted, they just disappear one day.
5. If there's a conflict between three shows attempting to record at once, it lets you choose which one not to record. That show will not just be skipped that once, but it will never be recorded again. After the conflict you have to re-enter your recurring recording.
6. No searching for shows by keyword or category or anything like that. If you can't find a show on the current week's schedule (and you have to manually search day by day), you can't schedule it to record. So forget it if you miss some special and want to see it next time it shows.
Who programs these things? Have they ever seen a TiVo? Best practices people, best practices!
Was this reply helpful? (0) (0)